Airflow advice to decrease GPU temps

noobybloo

Hi im new here so im not sure if anyone will see this lol but i was wounder if anyone can help me with airflow to help my GPU temps and also too see if i can fit my AIO on top of my case

7 minutes ago, noobybloo said:

Hi im new here so im not sure if anyone will see this lol but i was wounder if anyone can help me with airflow to help my GPU temps and also too see if i can fit my AIO on top of my case

Hello and welcome to the forum 🙂 Please list your parts if you want us to see if you can fit your AIO at the top of your case.  What case do you got?  what AIO? Any extra fans in the case? . We'll figure this out!  The best way to lower your GPU temps is to get more fresh air into the case, either front or from the bottom.

oh wow thanks i will try my best to list as much as i can here goes,

case-MASTERBOX MB520 from master cooler

GPU-GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ VENTUS OC

AIO-H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler

i have the AIO at the front with 2 fans on them intaking and a single one at the bottom intaking too. The 2 fans on the AIO i dont feel the air as strong as the one at the bottom which is not on the AIO

I also have only one fan at the back for exhaust. I hope this helps i can send some pics to if u want.

10 minutes ago, noobybloo said:

oh wow thanks i will try my best to list as much as i can here goes,

case-MASTERBOX MB520 from master cooler

GPU-GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ VENTUS OC

AIO-H100i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler

i have the AIO at the front with 2 fans on them intaking and a single one at the bottom intaking too. The 2 fans on the AIO i dont feel the air as strong as the one at the bottom which is not on the AIO

I also have only one fan at the back for exhaust. I hope this helps i can send some pics to if u want.

Yeah the fans drawing air through the radiator is going to draw less air due to the resistance of the radiator.  The air will also be slightly warmer of course and that is what the GPU has to work with.  Its not all about fresh air but its about replacing the air inside the case as fast as possible and not have any hot air lingering.
The AIO-H100i RGB PRO XT is a 240mm radiator and the MASTERBOX MB520 supports a 240mm radiator on top so you could mount it there, pushing air from the case to the outside.  Then you can add 2 high airflow fans in the front that will definitely give your 2070 Super a lot more air to work with.  This is a common method 🙂  There are different programs you can use to adjust the fan speed of most fans ( If they are PWN / 4pin ). 
image.thumb.png.a82fb1e7a6f506945feea495e638128c.png

Agree with above advice.

If you’re still not achieving the temps/noise you want after those tweaks, read this. It states you should be able to use the mesh front panel of the MB511 on your case, which will allow your front fans to pull in more air & potentially lower the noise of your system due to your components running cooler.

49 minutes ago, noobybloo said:

ok cool i will buy some good fans im thinking of these on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B09C6DQDNT/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_3?smid=A38F5RZ72I2JQ&psc=1

also here is a picture of a cable im thinking im going to have trouble with fitting my aio cooler at the top what do you think. 

unnamed.jpg

Noctua fans are excellent. I have 1 of these as bottom fan in my case as well. One of the best fans out there 🙂
There should not be a problem with that cable, you can see the screw hole is quite far out from the cable itself!  You can see that they accounted for the space of the cable by having the screw hole quite far out. . Shouldn't be a problem at all. Looks like you got 1-1.5cm of clearance from that cable 🙂
Buy some compressed air as well ( Compressed air in a can for PC cleaning )  to clean out your radiator while you are dismanteling it to move it up top, clean your GPU as well ( Hold the fans with your finger when blowing air )  Dust
accumulation can really increase temperature.

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Noctua fans are excellent. I have 1 of these as bottom fan in my case as well.
There should not be a problem with that cable, you can see the screw hole is quite far out from the cable itself!  You can see that they accounted for the space of the cable by having the screw hole quite far out. . Shouldn't be a problem at all. Looks like you got 1-1.5cm of clearance from that cable 🙂

sweeet thanks im really relived i hope to be ordering them soon before summer. Also what programs could i use to control my fans in the future ?

8 minutes ago, Ralfi said:

Agree with above advice.

If you’re still not achieving the temps/noise you want after those tweaks, read this. It states you should be able to use the mesh front panel of the MB511 on your case, which will allow your front fans to pull in more air & potentially lower the noise of your system due to your components running cooler.

cool i will check that out that does sound like it will be better havnt done a case custom before hopefully its not hard but thanks for the link much appreciated

5 minutes ago, noobybloo said:

sweeet thanks im really relived i hope to be ordering them soon before summer. Also what programs could i use to control my fans in the future ?

Your motherboard manufacturer usually have their own program to adjust fans when you have fans connected to the CHA_FAN headers on your motherboard.
ASUS use Fan Xpert 4 -  Gigabyte use Smart Fan 5 / Gigabyte control center - MSI uses MSI Dragon Center etc etc. If you know your motherboard, I can find a link for you.  It can also be done straight from the BIOS on certain computers.  Sounds good though, hope it helps with some more airflow / cleaning your GPU with air.  If you need any help at all when time comes you can DM me here on the forum if you want, I'm always around 😄

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Your motherboard manufacturer usually have their own program to adjust fans when you have fans connected to the CHA_FAN headers on your motherboard.
ASUS use Fan Xpert 4 -  Gigabyte use Smart Fan 5 / Gigabyte control center - MSI uses MSI Dragon Center etc etc. If you know your motherboard, I can find a link for you.  It can also be done straight from the BIOS on certain computers.  Sounds good though, hope it helps with some more airflow / cleaning your GPU with air.  If you need any help at all when time comes you can DM me here on the forum if you want, I'm always around 😄

yes I actually do https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z390-A-PRO/Specification, thank u for the help btw much appreciated! 😃 learning new things at the same time too, im really new to custom things for pc stuff havnt build one my self yet but hopefully one day 

5 minutes ago, noobybloo said:

yes I actually do https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z390-A-PRO/Specification, thank u for the help btw much appreciated! 😃 learning new things at the same time too, im really new to custom things for pc stuff havnt build one my self yet but hopefully one day 

No problem! Thats why we are here, we love to help and bring more people into PC building! 🙂  Here is a link for the MSI dragon center, you can adjust the fans and a lot more fun stuff. And at the bottom is a link for the introduction to the program. Definitely a lot to read but you can click on 'How to adjust the fan speed' and see how that is done.
https://www.msi.com/Landing/dragon-center-download/nb
https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/VGA_MSI_Utility_DragonCenter

4 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

No problem! Thats why we are here, we love to help and bring more people into PC building! 🙂  Here is a link for the MSI dragon center, you can adjust the fans and a lot more fun stuff. And at the bottom is a link for the introduction to the program. Definitely a lot to read but you can click on 'How to adjust the fan speed' and see how that is done.
https://www.msi.com/Landing/dragon-center-download/nb
https://www.msi.com/support/technical_details/VGA_MSI_Utility_DragonCenter

Oh wow thanks I will be checking that out very soon can’t wait to fix my air low and change up my fans. I hope it helps for summer in my room xd but thanks again I’ll keep in touch and tell u how everything goes when it’s done. Thanks again ! 😁👍🏻

1 minute ago, noobybloo said:

Oh wow thanks I will be checking that out very soon can’t wait to fix my air low and change up my fans. I hope it helps for summer in my room xd but thanks again I’ll keep in touch and tell u how everything goes when it’s done. Thanks again ! 😁👍🏻

No problem mate!  Keep in touch, interested to see how you get on 🙂

There are lots of great fans out there from Noctua, DeepCool, be quiet!, ThermalRight, and more.  Some, like Arctic P12, are cheap and do a good job. However if you want the best in terms of pushing air with 120 mm, you should get the Phanteks T30. It beats Noctua's fans and all others.

I've got a bunch of fans on order that I'm going to test as soon as I have the wind tunnel and then I can make reviews of them.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

11 hours ago, RevGAM said:

There are lots of great fans out there from Noctua, deep cool, be quiet!, thermal right, and more.  Song, like Arctic P12, are cheap and do a good job. However if you want the best in terms of pushing air with 120 mm, you should get the thermal right T30. It beats Noctua's fans and all others.

I've got a bunch of fans on order that I'm going to test as soon as I have the wind tunnel and then I can make reviews of t

Cool thanks I will check them out haven’t heard of them before but thanks for the info ! 😁 I would love to see ur review too 👍🏻

7 hours ago, noobybloo said:

Cool thanks I will check them out haven’t heard of them before but thanks for the info ! 😁 I would love to see ur review too 👍🏻

Sorry about the typos - Mr. Otto Rong was messing me up. I have to edit my first fan comparison video and hopefully put it up in a few days. Also, the T30 is by Phanteks, not TR.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂