Adding GPU to HP Elitedesk Error Beeps

Stonedog

Hi all, I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G5 SFF (9th gen Intel) at work. I have three monitors, two on DP and one on VGA. I want to add a 4th monitor, but I've run out of ports, so I figured I would add this old AMD Firepro v3900 GPU I have to give me an extra display port. 

The GPU works just fine on our older HP desktops, but the second I plug it into the new machine, I get three long beeps and three short when I hit the power button. 

I tried both PCIe slots, no joy.

All I want is an extra display port... help?

47 minutes ago, Stonedog said:

Hi all, I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G5 SFF (9th gen Intel) at work. I have three monitors, two on DP and one on VGA. I want to add a 4th monitor, but I've run out of ports, so I figured I would add this old AMD Firepro v3900 GPU I have to give me an extra display port. 

The GPU works just fine on our older HP desktops, but the second I plug it into the new machine, I get three long beeps and three short when I hit the power button. 

I tried both PCIe slots, no joy.

All I want is an extra display port... help?

Can the PSU provide enough juice to the card?

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 hour ago, PcBeExpensive said:

Can the PSU provide enough juice to the card?

Hi, yeah the card is powered through the slot. The Firepro v3900 takes 50watts. The PSU has (relative to this) plenty of headroom. 

5 hours ago, Stonedog said:

Hi, yeah the card is powered through the slot. The Firepro v3900 takes 50watts. The PSU has (relative to this) plenty of headroom. 

hmm, thats weird. Try reseating the GPU contact HP support and try reseating ram. Try keeping the PC on for a bit after those beeps.

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

10 hours ago, PcBeExpensive said:

hmm, thats weird. Try reseating the GPU contact HP support and try reseating ram. Try keeping the PC on for a bit after those beeps.

Thanks for the reply. I tried reseating the gpu and memory. I tried the gpu in another similar machine (no luck) then tried a different gpu (no luck) and both gpus in an older version of the same machine. Both worked.  

8 hours ago, Stonedog said:

Thanks for the reply. I tried reseating the gpu and memory. I tried the gpu in another similar machine (no luck) then tried a different gpu (no luck) and both gpus in an older version of the same machine. Both worked.  

ok. have you contaced HP

My First PC