why are Linux users have napoleon syndrome

I use arch because it is so difficult to install and anyone who can install it are big brain geniuses. Look at me, I am so superior. Muahahahhaha

Meanwhile Gentoo people: haha, you arch peasants, we are the real master race unlike you younglings who play around with handholding toys. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

I've been happily using Ubuntu for 15 years. (It's only due to Snaps that I'm planning on switching away from it.) I have never bragged about it to anyone.

Well... unless you count in a couple of job interviews for software dev positions last year when I was asked if I had experience using Linux. In which case, I guess I have bragged about using Linux to people.

The vocal few do not represent the bulk of a community.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

14 minutes ago, pyro_byte1 said:

why do linux user have such a big ego and i use arch and i don't brag about it so why

They don't, they just want a simple, reliable system which is something MS don't provide.

As for the title - "Napoleon Complex - It is the manifestation of aggressive behaviour that is widely attributed to people with shorter stature."

I'm not short so it obviously doesn't apply. I install Linux for those who want a reliable system on their computers.

1 minute ago, svmlegacy said:

The vocal few do not represent the bulk of a community.

These vocal few are all gentoo or arch users. For the rest 99% of normies who use something normal and mainstream like Ubuntu, this isn't a thing. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

@pyro_byte1 it is not appropriate to newly arrive in a forum an start attacking other members in such fashion.

This topic is now -= Locked =-.

Please take a moment and review the forum rules and refrain yourself in the future. Thank you.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER