Boot

Brayden2323

So I have a intel core i7 12th gen 

a tuf gaming z690, m.2 ssd and a regular ssd 

so what’s going on is when I try to install windows on the m.2 it won’t let me and it doesn’t show up in boot priority. And my other ssd has windows on it but won’t boot into windows and also doesn’t show up in boot priority either.

does anyone know how to fix this to where I can Atleast boot into my old ssd or install windows on my m.2

Would be best practice to unplug the power or data connector on the ssd while trying to install windows again to a different drive

Possible the boot file on the ssd is corrupted now if its not automatically booting to it.

You should be able to select a boot priority in the asus bios assuming the m.2 is correctly installed

1 hour ago, Ottoman420 said:

Would be best practice to unplug the power or data connector on the ssd while trying to install windows again to a different drive

Possible the boot file on the ssd is corrupted now if its not automatically booting to it.

You should be able to select a boot priority in the asus bios assuming the m.2 is correctly installed

When installing windows all I have is the m.2 installed no ssd or hard drive was installed and it wouldn’t recognize the m.2 for a drive to install windows on

Boot into Setup (Bios) is the M.2 Listed here? If not it may need to be reseated or it has failed. 

If it IS listed in the Bios but in Where Would You Like to Install Windows? it is not listed and it asks for a Driver, then download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html and save it to your USB Flash Drive Windows installer. When it asks to Browse for a driver, browse it to the IRST driver. Then it will recognize the m2

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on any volunteer's post to thank them if they helped .(lower left, just to the right of My Computer )

1 hour ago, spunk.funk said:

Boot into Setup (Bios) is the M.2 Listed here? If not it may need to be reseated or it has failed. 

If it IS listed in the Bios but in Where Would You Like to Install Windows? it is not listed and it asks for a Driver, then download the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19512/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-installation-software-with-intel-optane-memory-10th-and-11th-gen-platforms.html and save it to your USB Flash Drive Windows installer. When it asks to Browse for a driver, browse it to the IRST driver. Then it will recognize the m2

Do i install that on to a usb then plug into the pc and install it trough the windows media tool to install windows on my m.2

Just now, Brayden2323 said:

Do i install that on to a usb then plug into the pc and install it trough the windows media tool to install windows on my m.2

Nvm I didn’t see the rest of the message