laptop keyboard not working anymore

today in class i thought i'd like to load apk's on my laptop(gigabyte g5 i5 11th gen 3050ti w11, bios v. fb09). so i googled and found a yt tutorial. first he wanted me to go the  search bar and search for "windows features" then he wanted me to scroll down to vmp(virtual maschine platform). I then activated the feature and clicked OK. Then it loaded a bit and then it said to activate the feature you need to restart your device. After I restarted the device I noticed at the login screen that my keyboard wasn't working anymore. I tried updating drivers, deleting drivers, restarting the laptop again, went to the blue screen (ex. From where you can activate safe mode), I first tried to undo the latest features, then undid the latest windows update, then I also tried safe mode. But nothing seems to work. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with my laptop not working for a few days and troubleshooting it in a bit. But here comes the biggest problem. Tomorrow (thursday) I have my englisch exam which we do on the laptop. Now I did notice that the arrow keys were working in the bios as well as the numpad in the blue screen mode but besides that nothing works. When I restart the laptop the keyboard even lights up until the gigabyte logo is gone and the laptop is actually booting into windows. Now I know that this is probably a software problem and a reset of windows would hopefully do the trick but I'd like to get it working without having to reset the laptop as there are some school apps that need admin authorization to install and set up. I'm just not in the mood to do that right now. So please does somebody know a way to my keyboard working again? ps: i typed this on the on screen keyboard for anybody wondering

52 minutes ago, jan05 said:

today in class i thought i'd like to load apk's on my laptop(gigabyte g5 i5 11th gen 3050ti w11, bios v. fb09). so i googled and found a yt tutorial. first he wanted me to go the  search bar and search for "windows features" then he wanted me to scroll down to vmp(virtual maschine platform). I then activated the feature and clicked OK. Then it loaded a bit and then it said to activate the feature you need to restart your device. After I restarted the device I noticed at the login screen that my keyboard wasn't working anymore. I tried updating drivers, deleting drivers, restarting the laptop again, went to the blue screen (ex. From where you can activate safe mode), I first tried to undo the latest features, then undid the latest windows update, then I also tried safe mode. But nothing seems to work. Normally I wouldn't have a problem with my laptop not working for a few days and troubleshooting it in a bit. But here comes the biggest problem. Tomorrow (thursday) I have my englisch exam which we do on the laptop. Now I did notice that the arrow keys were working in the bios as well as the numpad in the blue screen mode but besides that nothing works. When I restart the laptop the keyboard even lights up until the gigabyte logo is gone and the laptop is actually booting into windows. Now I know that this is probably a software problem and a reset of windows would hopefully do the trick but I'd like to get it working without having to reset the laptop as there are some school apps that need admin authorization to install and set up. I'm just not in the mood to do that right now. So please does somebody know a way to my keyboard working again? ps: i typed this on the on screen keyboard for anybody wondering

1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot.
  4. Click on Keyboard.
  5. Click on Run the troubleshooter.

If none of these steps work, you may need to reset your laptop or contact Gigabyte support for further assistance1. Good luck with your exam tomorrow!

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

13 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:
  1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. Click on Update & Security.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot.
  4. Click on Keyboard.
  5. Click on Run the troubleshooter.

If none of these steps work, you may need to reset your laptop or contact Gigabyte support for further assistance1. Good luck with your exam tomorrow!

Hi I just tried what you've said but it shows up as perfectly fine. What I believe is that maybe, maybe idk how the keyboard of the laptop is stuck on vm mode and needing an external keyboard. So maybe is there a way to get out of the vm Mode. Thanks for the help but I ain't writing the exam without this keyboard working.

1 minute ago, jan05 said:

Hi I just tried what you've said but it shows up as perfectly fine. What I believe is that maybe, maybe idk how the keyboard of the laptop is stuck on vm mode and needing an external keyboard. So maybe is there a way to get out of the vm Mode. Thanks for the help but I ain't writing the exam without this keyboard working.

Do you have a external keyboard to test it with?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

3 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

i do butb its at home. i'll try later

1 hour ago, FI Fheonix said:

So I just tried using an external keyboard but also no luck. Any other ideas on what could solve my problem?

4 minutes ago, jan05 said:

So I just tried using an external keyboard but also no luck. Any other ideas on what could solve my problem?

not sure.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn

Anybody else that may know a solution to my problem?