Help!!!

MegaMasterMike

I’m pretty good with building computers and troubleshooting issues but this one has stumped me 

system specs -

ryzen 5 5600x 

Asus prime b450m motherboard 

16gb Corsair ram 

750w psu

amd rx 580 8gb

my friend wanted to bring his pc to my house so we could have a little lan party you know so I went to pick him up and put the pc in the backseat of my truck on the floor standing upright between the front seat and the rear seat taking very good care of it I swear and before getting him the pc was working perfectly fine then when we get back to my house and plug in the pc the gpu has screen artifacts I plugged the gpu into my pc and same thing plugged my working gtx 1070 from my pc into his pc and it works fine so it’s definitely the gpu I have no idea what happened any help!???

7EA790E9-DE94-4AFE-B7C0-9F1D826E017E.jpeg

My Gaming Rig - Ryzen 7 3700X (4.4ghz all cores @ 1.3v) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 TI - 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz - Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi) - Evga Supernova 750 GT - Deepcool Castle 360ex - 1Tb WD Blue NVME SSD (Boot) - NZXT H9 Flow

3 minutes ago, Savage2988 said:

I’m pretty good with building computers and troubleshooting issues but this one has stumped me 

system specs -

ryzen 5 5600x 

Asus prime b450m motherboard 

16gb Corsair ram 

750w psu

amd rx 580 8gb

my friend wanted to bring his pc to my house so we could have a little lan party you know so I went to pick him up and put the pc in the backseat of my truck on the floor standing upright between the front seat and the rear seat taking very good care of it I swear and before getting him the pc was working perfectly fine then when we get back to my house and plug in the pc the gpu has screen artifacts I plugged the gpu into my pc and same thing plugged my working gtx 1070 from my pc into his pc and it works fine so it’s definitely the gpu I have no idea what happened any help!???

7EA790E9-DE94-4AFE-B7C0-9F1D826E017E.jpeg

Is the GPU fully inside the PCIE slot?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

2 minutes ago, FI Fheonix said:

Is the GPU fully inside the PCIE slot?

Yes it is looked at the contacts also and they look okay

My Gaming Rig - Ryzen 7 3700X (4.4ghz all cores @ 1.3v) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 TI - 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz - Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wifi) - Evga Supernova 750 GT - Deepcool Castle 360ex - 1Tb WD Blue NVME SSD (Boot) - NZXT H9 Flow

8 minutes ago, Savage2988 said:

Yes it is looked at the contacts also and they look okay

try using Win + Ctrl + Shift + B   this resets graphic drivers 

if that doesn't work try using differ hdmi or dsp inputs on the monitor and differ outputs on the GPU 

3 minutes ago, sixpi0dnine said:

Did not work but I just noticed that the gpu does not show up under monitors for msi afterburner anymore 

2 minutes ago, Savage2988 said:

Did not work but I just noticed that the gpu does not show up under monitors for msi afterburner anymore 

wait I saw the part where you said you were moving the pc.
Why didn't you invest in a GPU bracket that would allow to prevent from moving?
My theory would be that during the transpiration and the gpu was in, it kept moving that it caused something with the PCie or the GPU to break, so I would narrow down to GPU or Motherboard

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

8 minutes ago, sixpi0dnine said:

if that doesn't work try using differ hdmi or dsp inputs on the monitor and differ outputs on the GPU 

I tried that also

3 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

My theory would be that during the transpiration and the gpu was in, it kept moving that it caused something with the PCie or the GPU to break, so I would narrow down to GPU or Motherboard

Motherboard is fine because my gpu worked in his pc but wouldn’t the socket brake not the gpu but socket is fine

just for testing purposes did you try a differ display to see if it does the same thing

Plugged into my tv and still has artifacts 

1 minute ago, Savage2988 said:

Motherboard is fine because my gpu worked in his pc but wouldn’t the socket brake not the gpu but socket is fine

if its not physical damage then its prob something with drivers you can reinstall the drivers or boot into safe mode and see if it purists 

if anything I'm seeing now is any indication, probably your number one mistake was not taking off the gpu off the pc so it may have been broken

so you did say that it worked before your transportation of the pc so I think whenever it was used or not to narrow down is out of the question, but would be still good to know in case we could narrow down the issue but im siding on the first thing

edit: yes if it's not physical damage, check the gpu drivers or the VBIOS

Edited by GorujoCY

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

1 minute ago, sixpi0dnine said:

if its not physical damage then its prob something with drivers you can reinstall the drivers or boot into safe mode and see if it purists 

I reinstalled the drivers still does it and it does it even in the bios

1 minute ago, GorujoCY said:

if anything I'm seeing now is any indication, probably your number one mistake was not taking off the gpu off the pc so it may have been broken

so you did say that it worked before your transportation of the pc so I think whenever it was used or not to narrow down is out of the question, but would be still good to know in case we could narrow down the issue but im siding on the first thing

That’s what I’m thinking but how could it have been damaged? It was screwed in would if anything was going to break it would be the socket?

That’s what I’m thinking but how could it have been damaged? It was screwed in would if anything was going to break it would be the socket?

assuming the vbios checking didnt work, i would say most likely the culprit, it could also be something else inside the gpu that it could probably be DOA

but I will say this again, maybe try getting the vbios working and see if that fixes it, it's possible a custom flashed vbios or whatever could be causing those artifacts
if GPU-Z reports things fine just fine, for good measure check the vbios version and match it up otherwise very possible it's physical damage but it could also not be

Edited by GorujoCY

My PC

I just noticed that the gpu does not show up under monitors for msi afterburner anymore 

pc parts are weird lol the only other thing i got is to try a differ cable but good luck my friend im stumped as well

does it show up in task manager?

Just now, GorujoCY said:

assuming the vbios checking didnt work, i would say most likely the culprit, it could also be something else inside the gpu that it could porbabaly be DOA

but I will say this again, maybe try getting the vbios working and see if that fixes it, it's possible a custom flashed vbios or whatever could be causing those artifacts
if GPU-Z reports things fine just fine, for good measure check the vbios version and match it up otherwise very possible it's physical damage

Just now, sixpi0dnine said:

pc parts are weird lol the only other thing i got is to try a differ cable but good luck my friend im stumped as well

Did not work but I just noticed that the gpu does not show up under monitors for msi afterburner anymore And no it does not I’m just seeing this 

15 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

I also tried installing the drivers again and I think I missed it because I can hardly read the screen but it’s saying drivers have failed to load 

Just now, Savage2988 said:

Did not work but I just noticed that the gpu does not show up under monitors for msi afterburner anymore And no it does not I’m just seeing this 

hmmm thats weird are you on onboard graphics then? how is it outputting but not in task manager...

check device manager and if you see it make sure it doesn't have any yellow triangles 

I also tried installing the drivers again and I think I missed it because I can hardly read the screen but it’s saying drivers have failed to load 

19 minutes ago, Savage2988 said:

Go check device manager, is it there?

Download DDU
Install it.
Uninstall all of your video drivers.
Reboot into safe mode.
Run DDU
Reboot into normal mode and install the latest drivers for your card. 

you can try this too 

Just now, tkitch said:

Go check device manager, is it there?

No it’s not does not show up on msi after burner and says fail to load drivers when I try to install them