New Mini ITX build idea!

Go to solution Solved by 8tg,

The thickness of the card even in a 3 slot vertical gpu mini itx case will have the card just barely touching the glass.

Length wise its fine but youll be without a front intake fan, you could maybe cram 15mm slim fans inbetween the card and front of the chassis but that will involve playing PC rush hour in order to get the fan and gpu in there

I just wouldnt recommend it with stock parts. A water cooled build would be a bit more reasonable for an ITX 4090

Hey everyone!

i was wondering if this build would work and if the GPU would fit this case. I also want to get into custom water cooling for this case as well but that’s a separate topic because I’m extremely new to custom liquid cooling.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/y8FJKp

The thickness of the card even in a 3 slot vertical gpu mini itx case will have the card just barely touching the glass.

Length wise its fine but youll be without a front intake fan, you could maybe cram 15mm slim fans inbetween the card and front of the chassis but that will involve playing PC rush hour in order to get the fan and gpu in there

I just wouldnt recommend it with stock parts. A water cooled build would be a bit more reasonable for an ITX 4090

2 minutes ago, 8tg said:

I most definitely will be going water cooling for sure. Just don’t know what parts to get lol

Honestly would not recommend getting a 4090 on AM4. Usually "bottlenecks" are not an issue with modern CPUs but a 3600 and a 4090 will have actual performance issues. What's your budget? For $100-$200 more you could go AM5 or Intel 13th gen.

Unless you want it to look super fancy, or are buying a high power CPU, I would recommend using an integrated cooler if it comes with the CPU.

Here's my list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kn9TQ6

It IS more expensive, but has a new platform and double the storage. You can save a bit if you go with non RGB RAM. I'm not sure if the 4090 will fit in the case (I left the case as you had it).

I used to be quite active here.

4 hours ago, Jyeu said:

because I’m extremely new to custom liquid cooling.

Then dont do it on mitx. Youre amplifying the issue of airflow, routing, and tube management working on a smaller case.

And besides, that case is a massive hotbox on stock let alone with air restricting radiator.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

22 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Honestly would not recommend getting a 4090 on AM4. Usually "bottlenecks" are not an issue with modern CPUs but a 3600 and a 4090 will have actual performance issues. What's your budget? For $100-$200 more you could go AM5 or Intel 13th gen.

Unless you want it to look super fancy, or are buying a high power CPU, I would recommend using an integrated cooler if it comes with the CPU.

Here's my list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/kn9TQ6

It IS more expensive, but has a new platform and double the storage. You can save a bit if you go with non RGB RAM. I'm not sure if the 4090 will fit in the case (I left the case as you had it).

just upgraded to the Ryzen 7 5800X3D

and Thermaltake Core P1 case

20 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

Then dont do it on mitx. Youre amplifying the issue of airflow, routing, and tube management working on a smaller case.

And besides, that case is a massive hotbox on stock let alone with air restricting radiator.

Yeah I ended up switching to the Thermaltake Core P1 keeping it ITX and now just having trouble find sources for parts for the custom liquid build.