Pcpartpicker link: uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6QDCTn

Case: MSI Mag Vampiric 010

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite v2 atx

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700G

CPU Cooler (included with CPU): AMD Stealth Cooler

Graphics card which I already have: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

Storage: Crucial P3 m.2 1tb

PSU: Corsair TX650M 80+ Gold

Budget (including currency): £500 - £600 (graphics card excluded)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Most demanding thing done on it will probably be Forza Horizon 5

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 1440p - 4K at 60fps or more

1 hour ago, Llama123 said:

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

I'll be using this gpu

9 hours ago, Llama123 said:

I'll be using this gpu

You shouldve quoted @Dr0idGh0sT properly, not self quoting. Following a thread after a post isnt a default in this forum.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£129.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£103.33 @ NeoComputers) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£44.99 @ Corsair UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Black SN770 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£119.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Case: Antec NX410 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£65.47 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Corsair TX650M 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £527.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-26 07:00 BST+0100

You could go further to 600 GBP with a 13400F and a B660 DS3H by Gigabyte, but really at 4K you almost never looked at CPU bottleneck, youre looking at GPU bottleneck. with the 80 pound extra and using the 1080Ti still absurd used price you can fetch a used 6700XT with a bit extra which would be an all around upgrade in games.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

7 hours ago, SorryClaire said:

You could go further to 600 GBP with a 13400F and a B660 DS3H by Gigabyte, but really at 4K you almost never looked at CPU bottleneck, youre looking at GPU bottleneck. with the 80 pound extra and using the 1080Ti still absurd used price you can fetch a used 6700XT with a bit extra which would be an all around upgrade in games.

I feel that AMD is better value and I prefer their processors. Probably won't be playing at 4K, probably 1080p - 1440p instead. I don't have the budget to be able to get a better graphics card because my dad has a 1080 Ti from his old PC so he said I can just use that.

34 minutes ago, Llama123 said:

because my dad has a 1080 Ti from his old PC so he said I can just use that.

Oof, would be very rude to sell it off immediately. Its fine, im just stating possible options here that would boost performance. Also, 1440p is also similarly bounded by the GPU but not to the massive extent of 4K.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

82 pounds is insane for 16GB of RAM

@SorryClairehad the right idea, but I'd tune it a little further.

• I'd get a WiFi motherboard, it won't have WiFi otherwise, and I'd bet you're planning on using it (bluetooth too)
  • You can get a gen 4 drive with b550, I included a 1TB as it was the best price per GB, but there is a second m.2 port on the motherboard if you want more storage, or a SATA SSD will honestly be fine for expansion storage, they're still faster than games need them to be
  • You can get an aftermarket cooler to keep temps down, clocks up, and aesthetics looking sick.  You could save 10 pounds on a smaller one, but for the price having one like TS 120 is an insane value and will be good for any system you'd ever build in the future.  It'll also look sick with the RGB RAM shining off of it.
  • This cooler would also be plenty and is 15 pounds less: ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler (SE-214-XT ARGB) - PCPartPicker
  • This case has great airflow and a ventilated PSU shroud, giving the GPU plenty of air while being rather compact (mATX).
  • Case also includes all the fans you need.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£129.00 @ Amazon UK) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (£34.90 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M DS3H AC Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£94.61 @ Box Limited) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB RS 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£78.99 @ Corsair UK) 
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£43.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Aerocool Aero One Mini Eclipse MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£56.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: Corsair TX650M 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£64.98 @ Ebuyer) 
Total: £503.45
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-03-26 16:23 BST+0100

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

EDIT:

OP, that case you picked should actually have OK airflow, I didn't look hard enough at the picture, but there are some intake vents on the sides.  But it's more expensive and is out of stock.  You'd also have to buy extra fans for intake.

For that reason, I'd still recommend the one I included or another with similar characteristics (fnas included, more open intake, cheaper)

1 minute ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

EDIT:

OP, that case you picked should actually have OK airflow, I didn't look hard enough at the picture, but there are some intake vents on the sides.  But it's more expensive and is out of stock.  You'd also have to buy extra fans for intake.

For that reason, I'd still recommend the one I included or another with similar characteristics (fnas included, more open intake, cheaper)

I'm actually looking at the case you recommended right now. It looks good, black is "currently unavailable" though. With the MSI case, the price is constantly fluctuating. Originally when I picked it it was around £50.. with good stock. As for CPU cooling, I could just use the included amd stealth cooler, but not sure if this would be too loud and if it would do a good job at cooling. 

image.png.9653d67fab7dde844de07c51cd0d3fe7.png

Price varies between different retailers, scan.co.uk has it at £56image.thumb.png.439f284bd2e8dffdeecb0d316678a8df.png

1 minute ago, Llama123 said:

I'm actually looking at the case you recommended right now. It looks good, black is "currently unavailable" though. With the MSI case, the price is constantly fluctuating. Originally when I picked it it was around £50.. with good stock. As for CPU cooling, I could just use the included amd stealth cooler, but not sure if this would be too loud and if it would do a good job at cooling. 

This one also has good airflow and includes all the fans.  It would also match well with this cooler aesthetically, and cost you less overall:

Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case (AIR 100 ARGB Black) - PCPartPicker

ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler (SE-214-XT ARGB) - PCPartPicker

This piaring would also be less likely to hang over your RAM and block the RGB lights from vew

3 minutes ago, Llama123 said:

NOt bad, just note that with it you'll need to buy some extra intake fans, which will bring the price up to about 80 pounds.

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

This one also has good airflow and includes all the fans.  It would also match well with this cooler aesthetically, and cost you less overall:

Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case (AIR 100 ARGB Black) - PCPartPicker

ID-COOLING SE-214-XT 68.2 CFM CPU Cooler (SE-214-XT ARGB) - PCPartPicker

This piaring would also be less likely to hang over your RAM and block the RGB lights from vew

The Aerocool and Montech look like they do have good airflow, but I do want an atx case + atx motherboard. Micro atx can be cheaper tho.

4 minutes ago, Llama123 said:

The Aerocool and Montech look like they do have good airflow, but I do want an atx case + atx motherboard. Micro atx can be cheaper tho.

Just curious, why?.  mATX has all the functionality you'd ever need, is cheaper, and easier to move around.

7 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Just curious, why?.  mATX has all the functionality you'd ever need, is cheaper, and easier to move around.

No integrated i/o shield, less ports and headers and the ones in my budget only have 1 m.2 slot

1 minute ago, Llama123 said:

No integrated i/o shield, less ports and headers and the ones in my budget only have 1 m.2 slot

That gigabyte b550 ds3h wifi (90 pounds) has 2x m.2 ports.  Integrated I/O shield is total meme ,espeically for a budget system.  I've probably built 20+ computers for friends and family and never used one nor have I ever thought to myself, "wow I really wish this 3 second operation was already finished". I think the montech case comes with a fan controller, so you'd have the headers you need.

This MSI one (if you like the MSi look) also has a PWM splitter for the fans and a 6-way argb controller on the case so you really would not need more headers.

MSI MAG FORGE M100R Mini-Tower PC Case - Tempered Glass, Micro-ATX & Mini-ITX Capacity, Front Mesh Panel, 4 x 120mm ARGB fans with Hub Controller, Magnetic Dust Filter, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Port : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

But if you really just want a big case to have a big case, ths Montech one hincludes all the fans you need and has better airflow

Montech AIR 1000 PREMIUM ATX Mid Tower Case (AIR 1000 PREMIUM BLACK) - PCPartPicker

5 minutes ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

That gigabyte b550 ds3h wifi (90 pounds) has 2x m.2 ports.  Integrated I/O shield is total meme ,espeically for a budget system.  I've probably built 20+ computers for friends and family and never used one nor have I ever thought to myself, "wow I really wish this 3 second operation was already finished". I think the montech case comes with a fan controller, so you'd have the headers you need.

This MSI one (if you like the MSi look) also has a PWM splitter for the fans and a 6-way argb controller on the case so you really would not need more headers.

MSI MAG FORGE M100R Mini-Tower PC Case - Tempered Glass, Micro-ATX & Mini-ITX Capacity, Front Mesh Panel, 4 x 120mm ARGB fans with Hub Controller, Magnetic Dust Filter, USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Port : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

But if you really just want a big case to have a big case, ths Montech one hincludes all the fans you need and has better airflow

Montech AIR 1000 PREMIUM ATX Mid Tower Case (AIR 1000 PREMIUM BLACK) - PCPartPicker

I see what you mean about the I/O shield. With micro atx I find to get more ports you end up paying more than atx. For the MSI case you sent, I like the look of the 100m, the other version which is mid tower. I think micro atx will just be too small. I really like the Montech one.
Thanks for your help and recommendations!

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

I'd get a WiFi motherboard

Honestly im always championing ethernet on a budget and then throw in an add-in Wifi 6e card and a simple USB bluetooth chip later on when you need it to get a better VRM. 

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

You can get an aftermarket cooler to keep temps down, clocks up, and aesthetics looking sick. 

Cant deny that 5600X does have some noise issue on stock cooler, i shoulda thrown in that. But i was pretty focused on cost compression for a 4K-centric scenario as OP mentioned originally. And of course that idea to get used 6700XT which would be substantial bump in performance also was on my mind.

Also i spite most if not all MSI case designs currently. Its as if the definition of "Paper Tiger" decided to make PC Cases.