Fan lighting question

VelikiPCguy

I recently updated my drivers and caused a bit of chaos in my PC (long story short, I had to reinstall Windows, but now it works fine). The only strange thing that happened was that the RGB on my front two case fans, and 1 of 3 AIO fans stopped working for some reason. They were all working fine before the driver update debacle, and they're currently spinning no problem, but the RGB isn't working (see below). I checked and unplugged / replugged all connections and cables, but it didn't help. Any thoughts / advice?

My parts are:

- Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix 360mm

- Cooler Master H500M

20230325_185157.jpg

20230325_185203.jpg

front fans i guess are connected to the MB, and the AIO fans to corair's stuff? 

34 minutes ago, NorKris said:

front fans i guess are connected to the MB, and the AIO fans to corair's stuff? 

Front fans are connected to MB, but the rgb on them is connected to the RGB module (if that's what it's called) at the back of the case, which I think came together with the case:

20230325_205138.jpg

The AIO fan rgb is connected to the corsair RGB module (see below), but which is itself connected to the module at the back of the case (see above)

20230325_205152.jpg

6 minutes ago, NorKris said:

can u send pics of the RGB connections?

Uh, sorry what do you mean? These are the RGB connections, no?

Just now, VelikiPCguy said:

Uh, sorry what do you mean? These are the RGB connections, no?

where the cables from the fans (RGB) connect 

12 minutes ago, NorKris said:

where the cables from the fans (RGB) connect 

Ok, so the front case fan RGB cables connect, via a single daisy chain, to the module at the back of the case (pic 1, circled in red):

Pic 1:

IMG-20230325-WA0006.jpg

The AIO fan RGB cables first connect to the Corsair module (pic 2, circled in red is the middle fan whose RGB isn't working) and then the Corsair module connects to the module at the back (pic 2, circled in blue + pic 3, circled in red):

Pic 2:

IMG-20230325-WA0008.jpg

Pic 3:

IMG-20230325-WA0007.jpg

this is how it looks for ur front fans'

and corsair:

29 minutes ago, NorKris said:

General information

this is how it looks for ur front fans'

and corsair:

Corsair iCUE 5000T RGB Case Review | Meet the Corsair iCUE 5000T RGB |  Cases & Cooling | OC3D Review

Yes exactly, that's what it looks like

can we get pick from ur system of that? 

like this 

image.thumb.png.d64ad051664928533db0c1c27b9d3abd.png

17 minutes ago, NorKris said:

can we get pick from ur system of that? 

like this 

image.thumb.png.d64ad051664928533db0c1c27b9d3abd.png

Red - Corsair fan 1 (front of the case)

Green - Corsair fan 2 (middle of the case)

Blue - Corsair fan 3 (back of the case)

IMG-20230325-WA0011.jpg

Bottom 200mm case fan

IMG-20230325-WA0010.jpg

Top 200mm case fan

IMG-20230325-WA0009.jpg

22 minutes ago, VelikiPCguy said:

Red - Corsair fan 1 (front of the case)

Green - Corsair fan 2 (middle of the case)

Blue - Corsair fan 3 (back of the case)

IMG-20230325-WA0011.jpg

are these ARGB?  they look very  PWM

but u seem to have 2 problems..
try to connect the front fans to the motherboard, 

Disconnect the corsair ARGB wires untill u find the one without ARGB, and try to connect it another place

On 3/25/2023 at 11:12 PM, NorKris said:

but u seem to have 2 problems..
try to connect the front fans to the motherboard, 

Disconnect the corsair ARGB wires untill u find the one without ARGB, and try to connect it another place

Ok so I managed to fix my Corsair AIO fans, but the Coole Master case fans' RGB is still not working. These are all ARGB fans, yes

Is that the Corsair Commander Core XT (larger black fan box)? It handles both RGB and PWM, right? But not aRGB.

The small board on the right side (behind the mobo) is called the lighting core and it controls RGB (not aRGB).

Any aRGB fans have to be plugged into an aRGB header.

Does your case also have a second small board, possibly to the left of the core, that you plug the PWM cables into, or are you connecting them directly to the mobo?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

13 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Is that the Corsair Commander Core XT (larger black fan box)? It handles both RGB and PWM, right? But not aRGB.

The small board on the right side (behind the mobo) is called the lighting core and it controls RGB (not aRGB).

Any aRGB fans have to be plugged into an aRGB header.

Does your case also have a second small board, possibly to the left of the core, that you plug the PWM cables into, or are you connecting them directly to the mobo?

all corsair stuff is ARGB 🤔

On 3/29/2023 at 8:23 AM, NorKris said:

all corsair stuff is ARGB 🤔

Nah. My SP120s aren't. If your statement were true, their cases wouldn't come with an RGB lighting core; it'd be aRGB. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

21 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Nah. My SP120s aren't. If your statement were true, their cases wouldn't come with an RGB lighting core; it'd be a RGB. 

okey it is some old stuff out there that is not ARGB, but that lightning core is as far as i know 5v and then both 

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

okey it is some old stuff out there that is not ARGB, but that lightning core is as far as i know 5v and then both 

Those came stock in my 5000x. Is that "old stuff"? The lighting core is RGB, no ARGB. 

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

What's your question?

what is the lighting core 

you might be talking about this right? 

image.png.f0633eb5a45249fc5bd164e88ad58595.png

image.png

Yes. Is that German?

Edited by RevGAM
Removed images to save server space

4 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Yes. Is that German?

ye i just found a random review, wanted to confirm what i thought 😛