H80i question about the fan header

Go to solution Solved by TacticlTwinkie,

on my h100i (same pump/block) I dont have it plugged into a fan header. It runs just fine. I also have the fans running off the motherboard. Never bothered with the corsair link software.

Hey Guys,

I have a h80i in my new rig and even my Noctua fans rattle when I use the included y cable and try to control the fan speed from corsair link. Thats why I use my Mb headers for the fans. My Mb only has 4 fan headers and I'd like to know If the fan header currently linked to the h80i is needed for the pump or if I can remove it safely and use it for an other fan.

thanks in advance,

fox

on my h100i (same pump/block) I dont have it plugged into a fan header. It runs just fine. I also have the fans running off the motherboard. Never bothered with the corsair link software.

Hey Guys,

I have a h80i in my new rig and even my Noctua fans rattle when I use the included y cable and try to control the fan speed from corsair link. Thats why I use my Mb headers for the fans. My Mb only has 4 fan headers and I'd like to know If the fan header currently linked to the h80i is needed for the pump or if I can remove it safely and use it for an other fan.

thanks in advance,

fox

The fan header plugged into the H80i is only for pump RPM. It is fine to use it but the BIOS and Windows might freak out cos the CPU_FAN isn't spinning. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I used the software once to change the color of the pump ^^

thank you :) so the only cable connected to your h100i is the hdd power cable?

btw whats that connector called again?

I used the software once to change the color of the pump ^^

thank you :) so the only cable connected to your h100i is the hdd power cable?

btw whats that connector called again?

H80i but same sorta thing :P

SATA power connector is what i have connected to mine. MB fan control is better for me compared to the Corsair Link fan control.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III