I bought an MSI x299 Gaming M7 ACK motherboard from a friend who upgraded (who sold the cpu) and bought an i5-7640x off eBay. After installing the cpu the motherboard turns on and immediately powers back off. The cpu remains ice cold. I have tried removing the memory, gpu, storage, flashing the bios, and still the same issue. I also have an Asus x-99 motherboard and was able to verify that the psu, memory, gpu, and storage are all working. I even tried, knowing it won’t work, installing a Xeon w-2123 that I had lying around, which uses the same socket but a different chipset and  the motherboard did actually stay on which makes me think my cpu is dead. I don’t have any other X-Series processors. I wanted to ask is my cpu dead or is there something else I should be doing or and I don’t something wrong? 

B6598A99-DE5D-4A9D-9CFD-D17741E7A47B.png

Most likely ded CPU, less likely bad fren. Can anyone here be sure? No. More testing is required. (confirmed functional CPU for motherboard testing, confirmed functional motherboard for CPU testing)