Long bios booting time

JingSpiral

Hi, i have a brand new computer with latest specs. However i ran into long bios boot time. When i press power button I'm stuck on black screen for at least two minutes and then windows logo appears and boots up in matter of seconds.

If you have any tips it would be wonderful.

image.png.e38d04333e2d09fde006885a15eb19c7.pngimage.png.cb605f73c8793b04cd6bc670be3ec267.pngimage.png.2ef558b5f058502b0783945ddcda34cf.png

6 minutes ago, JingSpiral said:

Hi, i have a brand new computer with latest specs. However i ran into long bios boot time. When i press power button I'm stuck on black screen for at least two minutes and then windows logo appears and boots up in matter of seconds.

If you have any tips it would be wonderful.

image.png.e38d04333e2d09fde006885a15eb19c7.pngimage.png.cb605f73c8793b04cd6bc670be3ec267.pngimage.png.2ef558b5f058502b0783945ddcda34cf.png

That might happen due to the DDR5 in your system, DDR5 on AM5 platforms are known to have extremely long boot times. 2 minutes is a long time but its actually not uncommon for your platform. You can google- DDR5 long boot time' and get hundreds of posts. A BIOS update might help.
https://www.techgoing.com/amd-ryzen-7000-no-longer-takes-6-6-minutes-to-boot-128gb-ddr5-bug-issue-fixed/

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

That might happen due to the DDR5 in your system, DDR5 on AM5 platforms are known to have extremely long boot times. 2 minutes is a long time but its actually not uncommon for your platform.

Is there anything I can do about it?

6 minutes ago, JingSpiral said:

Is there anything I can do about it?

There are some things you can try.  Google / Youtube:  How to make DDR5 boot faster.  There are a few guides, some might help.  Mine takes a while too but nothing I care much about, I only turn my computer off once every 2-3 months.  Update to the latest BIOS if you haven't already.

5 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

There are some things you can try.  Google / Youtube:  How to make DDR5 boot faster.  There are a few guides, some might help.  Mine takes a while too but nothing I care much about, I only turn my computer off once every 2-3 months.  Update to the latest BIOS if you haven't already.

Thank you very much for your help

Your Boot time should be, for AM5 based system: ~12sec.

Intel should be at around 5-7sec.

Please note: GPU Boot time is a thing, and the system waits for the GPU. Use the integrated graphics of your CPU (Intel or AMD) to get the real time without the GPU.

If your system doesn't boot that fast, then it was not configured correctly or has a compatibility issue:

• Ensure that the latest BIOS is installed. For ASUS board, you want the latest Beta (1410) one for this current release, as the latest official non-Beta one (1222) broke memory compatibility. ASUS recommends resetting all setting (Load Optimize Default), and restarting the system to apply them, before upgrading the BIOS. Then you can set everything again manually (don't restore from saved profile. They are new options added to the BIOS. Expect multiple reboots when applying the BIOS, leave the system do its thing).
  • Ensure that Fast Boot is enabled.
  • CSM must be disabled.
  • Memory Profile set to: EXPO-II enabled.
  • Memory Context Restore is enabled (this option may change other options in your RAM configuration, leave them as is, else you are asking trouble).
  • Disable any unused motherboard features (Example: SATA Controller if you have no SATA drives).
  • POST Delay set to 0sec (ASUS forces a minimum 1sec delay, sadly).
  • Under Ai Tweaker, disable "Cooler efficiency customize" by setting it to "Stop Training". 
  • Disable Legacy USB Support
  • Make sure that XHCI Hand-off is Enabled (for USB 3.x support)
  • Primary Video Device is set to your GPU, and not set to Auto
  • (Not related, but on your way): Secure Boot Enabled, and set to Windows key.
  • (Not related, but on your way): Global C-state control should be Enabled to allow the CPU to downclock slightly more, reducing heat/noise and allowing it to boost higher and longer during a quick burst load.

If I didn't forget anything, that should be it.