Ps5.vr2

irishbeast

Just wondering if anyone has bought one of these. I'm tempted but the price tag is quite hefty so want to get as many opinions as possible in the absence of being able to try.

Dabbled in vr about 5-6 ago and it was pretty crap. However the new headset seems to getting fab reviews 

Are there many games that work particularly well. Don't want to spend £500+ on something which is not that good. 

Is price likely to come down? I was thinking of waiting for price drop and perhaps some new games but am in two minds

Any real life experience would be ace! 

The issue is that there are no gamss for it atm part from beatsaber and the like.

All the others are pretty much tech demo's.

So whilst the headsey is impressive there is little content for it

Being so new, lack of software and PSVR1 backward compatibility aren't helping it. Even if a general compatibility layer isn't possible I'd hope some PSVR1 games would get updated to explicitly support it. For now, look at the available games and decide if that's worth it for you.

I wouldn't count on a price drop unless they start using it as a loss leader.

Personally I'll wait for the ecosystem around it to develop more before I'd consider getting it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

14 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The issue is that there are no gamss for it atm part from beatsaber and the like.

All the others are pretty much tech demo's.

So whilst the headsey is impressive there is little content for it

While I agree the games selection is limited, I wouldn't go so far as to say they are demos any more than most VR experiences tend to be by its nature.  Most people can only spend short periods in VR so it doesn't really lend itself to long-form games.  I got quite the headache trying out Resident Evil.

As for the headset though, its pretty much the best on the market, kicks most PC headsets to the curb.

I've had PSVR, Oculus Rift S and now PSVR2 which is vastly superior.  I never could get Rift S to work properly for sitting down VR, PSVR2 "just works" while being better quality too.

I've always looked at VR as more an experience than a way to play traditional games though.  I'd be quite happy to just play a ton of walking simulators on it, as its absolutely exhausting to play anything really involved in VR and I don't have a lot of space to wave my arms around.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

How offen are you going to use it or is it going to be one of those things you play once and be like that was cool then it just collects dust.I was going to get one but can to the conclusion it would of collct dust 

9 hours ago, SydneyAngel said:

How offen are you going to use it or is it going to be one of those things you play once and be like that was cool then it just collects dust.I was going to get one but can to the conclusion it would of collct dust 

That's what I am thinking! It's an very expensive dust collector

Do Sony allow returns if I don't like the product? Just read somewhere that they do but would like to know for sure 

Even if there aren't that many VR games available, PSVR 2 can still be worth it thanks to the Cinematic Mode, which essentially gives you another display to use that locks you into the best PS5 games and lets you experience them in brand new ways
have used it personally and honestly if your willing to have a great cinematic mode then go for it but if your okay without then leave it