W11 de-bloated and cleaned up - how do I copy this clean install to other PCs?

Lurking

I just installed W11 the first time and really like it. I de-bloated it, removed all MS crapware and changed settings to my liking (i.e. got the desktop icon back, etc.). It is really fast and starts up in seconds. 

It wasn't too much work considering it was my first W11. But I don't want to do it over for each PC we have. i also installed the essential software all Pcs need (for watching movies, chrome, HW monitor and so on). So it is some effort to set up a new PC. 

so now I have to do 2 things:

- add a second account on this very same PC for my wife: how do I make sure she starts out with the same clean desktop and not the default settings? I assume the useless software I removed, will stay removed. But any settings, I suspect, will be like on a fresh install. Is there a way to make that second account to start out as an exact copy of mine? Of course, she may change things after the fact

- We have 3 more PCs and at some point they also should have W11. How do I make them start out with the same clean OS? I do realize they will need to be activated separately...  But can I make an image and put that on? I assume at minimum they will need different drivers. I can manually de-install the drivers and install the correct ones. I just don't want to go through the whole de-bloating and setting up process over. 

What is my best strategy to do that? 

AMD 9 7900 + Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

Seasonic Focus Plus 550W Platinum

W11 Pro

On 3/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, Shimejii said:

Make a custom ISO like this, then you wont have to keep doing it over and over

Thanks so much! This is a great tool and tutorial! He does a really good job walking one through and even as a noob i could do it. From the ISO created, I then created the flash drive with Rufus. 

i created a flash drive based on that and installed on a 10 year old i3. So far W11 doesn't complain about TPM or lack thereof 🙂

I'm not totally convinced the tool removed every feature. For example, I had it remove the "pictures" etc. folders, but they still showed. Maybe i just screwed something up. But it seemed to have removed a lot (EULA, language options etc.). There still are some apps to remove. But this brings me a bit closer.  

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro

1 minute ago, Lurking said:

Thanks so much! This is a great tool and tutorial! He does a really good job walking one through and even as a noob i could do it. From the ISO created, I then created the flash drive with Rufus. 

i created a flash drive based on that and installed on a 10 year old i3. So far W11 doesn't complain about TPM or lack thereof 🙂

I'm not totally convinced the tool removed every feature. For example, I had it remove the "pictures" etc. folders, but they still showed. Maybe i just screwed something up. But it seemed to have removed a lot (EULA, language options etc.). There still are some apps to remove. But this brings me a bit closer.  

I was thinking about swapping to windows 11. I just might do this. Seems like the best way to go about it.

33 minutes ago, Sacro said:

I was thinking about swapping to windows 11. I just might do this. Seems like the best way to go about it.

FWIW, the PC I installed it has an i3-3220 and 16GB. I only use it in the living room for watching YT in HD (MB HDMI doesn't so 4K). While watching YT, it uses under 3GB and 25% CPU. CPU hit 100% when applying updates, though. But for my use, it works well with W11. TBH, this PC also isn't really adequate for heavy use in W10 either. 

I'm very pleased with W11 and the look. I so got used to the icons being in the center of the taskbar, I get irritated at work where we have W10. 

W11 says while installing it needs at least 56GB partition. I only had 30GB since i didn't know that. it installed regardless, then it started installation again since i still had the flash drive in. I was convinced installation failed and i have to go to W10 first to increase the partition. But for some reason, it actually had installed properly despite the 30GB. but i recommend to just use a larger partition. 

Gigabyte B650m DS3H

2x16GB GSkill 60000 CL30

Samsung 980 Pro 2TB

Fractal Torrent Compact

W11 Pro