Accessing USB stick connected to Router from Android Device [how?]

Hi! 

I have the Onn android device for my TV. It's great. Problem is that it has very small storage. 

I therefore connected a USB drive (with a few MP4 and MKV files on it) to my Router. 

I can access it from my Windows 10 PC. I go to My PC, Network, and when I click my Router I am being sent to a web address (via the router) where I can see the USB. 

But how do I do the same from my Onn (which is running Android)? 

Thanks so much! 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android-TV-4K-UHD-Streaming-Device-with-Voice-Remote-Control-HDMI-Cable/636597403

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 1:57 AM, idh1oi12jkl31jk2bgve3jk12b said:

But how do I do the same from my Onn (which is running Android)? 

Android, in general, limits permissions to certain parts of the file system. The built-in apps tend to respect these limits, but those from third parties will have a toggle to allow access with the warning that you know what you’re doing.

I pay for File Manager + (premium) so am able to access all parts of the Android file system that I need and also access other network shares.

Your built-in media player might have limited access as well. I use VLC since it just works. You might need to give it permissions after installation, but it should be able to find media and offer playback.