Will this run my laptop display?

I've been doing a lot of console/handheld emulation on my 13 inch MacBook M1 Pro and some of the games I play, mainly GameBoy, GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS, do not take up the full screen. It leaves black areas on the top and bottom or on the sides when I play.  I just paid over $1200 for this laptop and I would hate to ruin it by playing games.  Will the empty black space when I'm gaming (sometimes for a few hours at a time)  start to burn in or degrade the display in any way?  Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted a few pis as examples (screenshots but you should get the idea...

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 2.23.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 2.26.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 at 2.26.51 PM.png

5 minutes ago, HesCalledTheStig said:

I've been doing a lot of console/handheld emulation on my 13 inch MacBook M1 Pro and some of the games I play, mainly GameBoy, GameBoy Advance and Nintendo DS, do not take up the full screen. It leaves black areas on the top and bottom or on the sides when I play.  I just paid over $1200 for this laptop and I would hate to ruin it by playing games.  Will the empty black space when I'm gaming (sometimes for a few hours at a time)  start to burn in or degrade the display in any way?  Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Posted a few pis as examples (screenshots but you should get the idea...

Its not an OLED screen so it should probably be fine.  Its possible for LCDs to get image retention but its usually temporary.

I mean its possible for the local dimming zones to wear out unevenly, but I'd expect that to take a very very long time.  If you're concerned, don't use 100% display brightness, as long the LEDs aren't being driven at 100% its far less likely to be a problem.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7