Choosing GPU.

Go to solution Solved by ripampaul,

Welcome to the forum!

Always go for the best performing single card setup that you can afford. Out of those two, the GTX 660 will perform much better. EVGA is a fantastic company to buy from, they have amazing warranties and customer support, and I think their coolers look great too!

Linus has a video that might help you:

Thank you. And I've already watched the video by Linus. :P. . And yup they look great.. 

depends on you. if you want a good gaming experience, 660 is definitly your pick. if you have a 450 watt psu and single slot mobo and you dont game that hardcore? maxwells good for you then. with power efficient/lower noise.

Overclock ninja :ph34r:

Thank you .. I'm going with 660 :)

With the price of a 660, why not spend a little more and get a 760 when the price gets dropped a little? 760s sometimes drops down close to $220

Thank you buddy.. but cant wait for a price drop.. i'm buying 660 :)

R9 270

Yeah.. that would be a better choice slightly... But i like Nvidia.. thank you!

The 660 is the better performing card out of those two. But I would suggest looking into the R9 270 like Sonefiler mentioned. Not only is it cheaper, it performs slightly better too.

Thank you :)

Are you talking about the 650ti boost or 750ti?

I don't think a 750ti boost has even been announced yet, but in either case the 660 is a superior card for not so much a superior price premium.

My apologies.. I meant 750 ti boost only.. but now it seems like 750 ti boost have never been announced. but while making the post I probably saw mention of 750 ti boost somewhere.. And thank you 

Which one should I go with? 'GTX 750 ti boost' or 'GTX 660'
I am kinda confused as the 750 uses Nvidia's latest MAXWELL architecture but on the other hand the 660 is a better performer. 
Please help me choose one of these.
And which manufacturer should I go with? I prefer EVGA because it looks better. So should I buy one from EVGA? Does anyone does it better?
Some good help is appreciated :)

Welcome to the forum!

Always go for the best performing single card setup that you can afford. Out of those two, the GTX 660 will perform much better. EVGA is a fantastic company to buy from, they have amazing warranties and customer support, and I think their coolers look great too!

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

With the price of a 660, why not spend a little more and get a 760 when the price gets dropped a little? 760s sometimes drops down close to $220

COMPUTER - Enermax Ostrog Gt | Asus M5A99FX R2.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Sapphire R9 270X Dual-X 4GB | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | Crucial M500 240GB | WD Blue 1TB

NAS - NZXT H440 | Asus H97 Plus | Intel Pentium G3258 | Stock Intel Fan | 2x 4GB G.Skill Sniper 1866mhz | MyDigitalSSD M.2 64GB | 4x 2TB WD Red

LAPTOP - Microsoft Surface Pro 3 | Intel i5 | 128GB SSD + 64GB MicroSD | 4GB Ram :)

depends on you. if you want a good gaming experience, 660 is definitly your pick. if you have a 450 watt psu and single slot mobo and you dont game that hardcore? maxwells good for you then. with power efficient/lower noise.

Details separate people.

R9 270

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

The 660 is the better performing card out of those two. But I would suggest looking into the R9 270 like Sonefiler mentioned. Not only is it cheaper, it performs slightly better too.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I don't think a 750ti boost has even been announced yet, but in either case the 660 is a superior card for not so much a superior price premium.

Loves PC Games :D

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you. And I've already watched the video by Linus. :P. . And yup they look great.. 

Thank you .. I'm going with 660 :)

Thank you buddy.. but cant wait for a price drop.. i'm buying 660 :)

R9 270

Yeah.. that would be a better choice slightly... But i like Nvidia.. thank you!

Thank you :)

My apologies.. I meant 750 ti boost only.. but now it seems like 750 ti boost have never been announced. but while making the post I probably saw mention of 750 ti boost somewhere.. And thank you