Freesync over USB-C dock (probably very specific)

Puszek

Hi ltt crowd!

I was looking for USB 4 hub that would allow me to connect my peripherials with signgle cable between my work laptop (Latitude 7420,) with TB3 and private Asus g14 (6800HS / 6700S)

Peripherials:

-Logitech mouse and keyboard

-novox nc-1

-Fiio e10k

-LG 27 650F

-some cheap UGREEN usb 2.0 switch (I can throw it away/replace, no care)

Currently, i am using some zenwire 10in1 adapter:

image.thumb.png.3c57bcf4ce4a14b9e72b3272cd9efe8d.png

Latitude did not support 1440p over thunderbolt (even on custom res) on LG 850GL so I went with LG 650F for my setup (I have both screens), by the way, my dock works as DP adapert only if I connect it right way up to prv laptop (180 degree turn would result in display not being detected at all which took me a while to realize), but it works on Latitude both ways. It does not support Freesync at all, which my G14 supports over direct HDMI connection with both screens (and my work laptop have no problem with 1440p support with HDMI as well ... )

With current setup I have 4 choices:

-using LG850 on 1080p WITHOUT Freesync (work laptop resolution limitation and Freesync not supported by HUB, so kinda worst case scenarion since 6700S struggles with 1440p)

-using LG650 WITHOUT Freesync (which pains me whle playing eSports titles, mostly Rocket League, even at high framerates)

-potentially find similar adapter that would support FreeSync on LG 650

-connecting HDMI cable separatly from USB-C dock to be able to use both screens with freesync (this is annoying since G14 has HDMI on the left side and Latitute on the right and it destroys my cable management + it's 2(!) cables instead of 1 ! :/)

Did anyone solved similar problem and could guide me on how to make proper 1-cable-to-do-it-all (apart from heavy gaming on G14 with limitation on 100W PD) setup for both of the machines? I have spent 10's of hours to come up with a solution, but I am not happy with any results that I got until this point.

I am also encoutering a problem that I need to reconnect Fiio dac to work laptop (works on G14) every time I turin it off, otherwise, sound is distorted (I am 99% sure it's because of the cheap USB hub because it worked fine without NC-1 connected to it, DAC is always connected directly to Zenwire)

I would really love to just swap laptops without compromises but as of now, I have no idea how to do it :<

I know I sound picky AF but before I started my move from tower PC/Latitude (which I need to sell ASAP to afford kitchen cabinets in my new appartment) to G14/Latitude I thought it would be easier 😕 

Edited by Puszek