I got to use the LTT screwdriver a bit. Here are my thoughts

Droz_

For use in computers and small electronics, its kind of big. The handle can get in the way if you try to get around things in tight spaces.

Also you're not using a screwdriver this size to open up a laptop. Its too unwieldy 

The directional ratchet selector ring is really easy to move and can be frustrating because of the size of the handle. It can be very easy to rub the ring and it changes direction on you. 

using just the shaft to turn kind of makes us hard/useless to use in a tight space, like in a computer

The tool holder lid rotates freely, but because its pretty high up its almost useless to use as a convenient spin point, also its not on a bearing and has lots of friction, so no fast spin point

The lack of backlash is great, it makes it feel more solid and definitely more effective

Ratcheting is pretty much not useful on small/short screws or anything that doesn't require high torque down

The knurling is nice on the shaft, but continual use can wear into your fingers. Needs to be less aggressive

I'd really prefer a smaller version of this for use in computers. The LTT screwdriver would be more useful in general household use or use by a mechanic

Toolholder is useless if you have fat fingers. Also tight space to get bits in and out. The bit holders are definitely going to be prone to breaking over time/repeated use

if there was a version of this screwdriver that did not have the tool holder handle and stopped at the ratchet ring with maybe a wider grip. I could see this being way more useful
Maybe even a T handle on it would be way more useful

Balance point not at the indent on the handle between the ratchet ring and main body/toolholder bulge, is kind of frustrating

The ifixit kit screwdriver is much more practical and people use it just fine without a build in tool holder in the handle. 

1 minute ago, Droz_ said:

For use in computers and small electronics, its kind of big. The handle can get in the way if you try to get around things in tight spaces.

Also you're not using a screwdriver this size to open up a laptop. Its too unwieldy 

The directional ratchet selector ring is really easy to move and can be frustrating because of the size of the handle. It can be very easy to rub the ring and it changes direction on you. 

using just the shaft to turn kind of makes us hard/useless to use in a tight space, like in a computer

The tool holder lid rotates freely, but because its pretty high up its almost useless to use as a convenient spin point, also its not on a bearing and has lots of friction, so no fast spin point

The lack of backlash is great, it makes it feel more solid and definitely more effective

Ratcheting is pretty much not useful on small/short screws or anything that doesn't require high torque down

The knurling is nice on the shaft, but continual use can wear into your fingers. Needs to be less aggressive

I'd really prefer a smaller version of this for use in computers. The LTT screwdriver would be more useful in general household use or use by a mechanic

Toolholder is useless if you have fat fingers. Also tight space to get bits in and out. The bit holders are definitely going to be prone to breaking over time/repeated use

if there was a version of this screwdriver that did not have the tool holder handle and stopped at the ratchet ring with maybe a wider grip. I could see this being way more useful

Balance point not at the indent on the handle between the ratchet ring and main body/toolholder bulge, is kind of frustrating

The ifixit kit screwdriver is much more practical and people use it just fine without a build in tool holder in the handle. 

Compared to a small ifixit screwdriver how big would you say it is (like 2x 3x?) just wondering and want to get a sense of how big it really is

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

29 minutes ago, filpo said:

Compared to a small ifixit screwdriver how big would you say it is (like 2x 3x?) just wondering and want to get a sense of how big it really is

PXL_20230317_203243956.jpg

2 minutes ago, Droz_ said:

PXL_20230317_203243956.jpg

woah thats pretty big 

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Bit off topic here, but I’m curious what the mobo in the pic is

2 hours ago, Bio Hazard said:

Bit off topic here, but I’m curious what the mobo in the pic is

That is a Shuttle SH370R8. https://global.shuttle.com/main/productsDetail?productId=2344

Its Mini-itx + SFF 
Has an x16 and x4 slot. So super great for running a single slot GPU and a 10GigE card in the x4 slot (or multiple NVME SSD's with adapters) and it has room for four 3.5 inch drives with one nvme M.2 slot

The previous generation SZ270R8 has two nvme M.2 slots and the same x16 and x4 slot. 

The newer 10th gen workstation model has multiple NVME m.2 slots. 

I've been using this one as a file server on and off. But a little frustrated that it has only one NVME slot. I got a dual M.2 card that has a PCIe switch to put in the x16 slot which is nice since the Shuttle doesn't support bifurcation. Looking at getting one of the Highpoint four M.2 slot cards with PCIe switch at some point in the future. 

My brother in law is borrowing the SZ270 I have for a bit. 

Will be using both for off-site backups, eventually

On 3/17/2023 at 4:36 PM, filpo said:

woah thats pretty big 

It's almost like the iFixit kit is a precision screwdriver with 4mm bits and the LTT screwdriver is a general purpose one with 1/4" bits

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

NOTHING on the Screwdriver product page implies this screwdriver was designed for assembling computers and electronics.
You're literally using a tool that's too big. Use the right tool for the right job.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

The ltt screwdriver is made for desktop pc screws, such as the case screws etc, not small laptop screws.

23 hours ago, saint_louis_bagels said:

NOTHING on the Screwdriver product page implies this screwdriver was designed for assembling computers and electronics.
You're literally using a tool that's too big. Use the right tool for the right job.

Pretty sure this is how it was marketed - whether or not that was explicit on the product page, it has been advertised as such in the videos.

The magnet strength is actually really good to use in computer building, just for some tighter/smaller spaces you might have to opt with a different tool