DIY Case feet

XHD600X

Hi guys,

Since the feet of my case have failed i was searching for a solution, now i've found my own that everyone can make with a really small budget. The case i've used is an Cooler Master K280 (About 30 euros)

The old feet:

azBawlP.jpg

In the end it will look something like this:

o84fVC3.jpg

These are the bolts and nuts i've used, you need four of them but i had already done the back of the case... you could use bigger ones but then you need to make the holes even wider!

wU0dzca.jpg

i1QpmvQ.jpg

The tools you going to need are 3 things:

Dremel with small grinding bit

and 2 spanners size 13.

First off you're going to need to widen the holes a little bit because the bolt wouldn't go through. If you keep you pc components in the case make sure there cant get anything on them! (Use some cloths!)

EIFvKRq.jpg

yJgS1qG.jpg

After you have widened the hole you can stick the bolt through and secure the nuts on it!

8Q2ChaV.jpg

Ttb6Alh.jpg

after you've doen evry corner it should look somewhat like this!

bcGHvc5.jpg

When you've a bottom mounted power supply i recommend taking it out. otherwise you could damage it...

Now put your case back in it's place and look at those sexy feet!

zmEVJup.jpg

You will void your case warranty with this DIY. I'm not responsible for any damage. DO it on your own risk!

I would've used some bigger nuts and stuck some rubber under there? Looks a bit slippery and like it would probably damage a painted surface easily.

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

plz never drill holes or something in your case when you components are still in it its not good you may dmg them

I would've used some bigger nuts and stuck some rubber under there? Looks a bit slippery and like it would probably damage a painted surface easily.

Biigger nuts are indeed better, it isn't very slippery or so. You'll get indeed some scratches but in my case my desk is already pretty damaged :P.