which cpu should i pick ....im in a dilemma

AESH
Go to solution Solved by GarytheGeek,

both CPUs will play all the games you mentioned without breaking a sweat. so both the i5 and the ryzen5 are great options. get whatever you can get the cheapest (including the cost of the motherboard). a ryzen 7 5800x is not that much faster for gaming, especially the games you mention. the extra 2 cores will be great for productivity (blender, CAD, adobe products....), but not needed for games. so for you i would say that the ryzen 7 is overkill.

as for laptop vs desktop; unless you need mobility, get a desktop. they last longer and are more powerful than a laptop while being cheaper.

Budget (including currency): 110000 INR

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: GTA5 , RDR2 , ALL UBISOFT GAMES ( ASSASINS, GHOST RECON ) , VALO , FORT

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

ive chosen an rtx 3060ti to go with this build 

but im not able to choose a cpu...

my monitor is a 1920x1080 monitor .so only (1080p gaming if im not wrong)

my choices for cpu are :

15 12400f

ryzen 5 5600x

or i could get a laptop with a ryzen 9 5900Hx

SO IM not able to choose between the i5 12400f or the ryzen 5 5600x ....

also would a ryzen 7 5800x be good or too overkill

both CPUs will play all the games you mentioned without breaking a sweat. so both the i5 and the ryzen5 are great options. get whatever you can get the cheapest (including the cost of the motherboard). a ryzen 7 5800x is not that much faster for gaming, especially the games you mention. the extra 2 cores will be great for productivity (blender, CAD, adobe products....), but not needed for games. so for you i would say that the ryzen 7 is overkill.

as for laptop vs desktop; unless you need mobility, get a desktop. they last longer and are more powerful than a laptop while being cheaper.

thank u so much for the help...

also , 

i plan to buy an LG monitor which is ( 144 Hz and 1920x1080)

would u recommend a rtx 3060ti or rtx 3060

games list : GTA5 , RDR2 , ALL UBISOFT GAMES ( ASSASINS, GHOST RECON ) , VALO , FORT

i preferably wont want to down settings too much ....

RDR2 seems to be the newest and hardest to run game so lets go with that. according to the video linked, you will be getting 60-90 FPS with the 3060 at 1080p. the 3060 TI is about 30%-40% faster. so about 80-120fps. thats still below the 144 Hz of your monitor. that being said, that is at maxed out settings. you can easily increase the frames to 144 by turning down a few settings. with the 3060 you will have to turn down more settings than the 3060 ti, but not that much more. the other games on your list should be easier to run and thus dont have to lower the settings much, if at all.

your best bet is to go to youtube and type the name of the game you want to play, the name of the card (3060 or 3060 ti), and 1080p into search. there should be plenty of videos showing what frames they get at maxed out settings. then you can make your own decision to see if the faster 3060 TI is worth the extra cash to you.

sorry i could not give you a more direct answer.