Sata cable/Bios shutting off my aio CPU fan

LaCroixBoi

Ooookay, so I have a prebuilt from origin I've had for going on 13 years.

It's the large style mellenia tower as seen here:

Anyway these towers come with cpu fan controllers that look like this: 

DSC_4512.jpg

^^I honestly have no idea what to make of or do with these things, still seems relevant^^

The hardware specs are:

Asus x99 deluxe(unsure on the deluxe bit)

4x DDR4 16g Corsair vengeance ram sticks

Intel i7 5820k 3.3hz CPU

Gigabyte rtx 3060 (12G) GPU

EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 PSU

(Edit I noticed while typing this that my PC has only had access to 16gbs of ram and I've had those other 3 sticks for a very long time .... Sadge)

My last AIO cooler was an "Enermax" model, I had a repair store install that around 5 years ago so I'm unsure the exact model but it looks identical to everyone you see on any website from that manufacturer 🤷🏽. The model I have has 1 CPU fan cable. Simple

The new Aio (when I say new I mean, less than a month old) is a Corsair iCUE H150i Elite from this listing: https://a.co/d/7o9u28a

But it has a "tack pin cable"? As it's shown in the official video from Corsair labs but it also has a USB internal cable  that connects the motherboard to the led/fan cable hub. Super great plug em in, right?

WRONG

I updated the aio bc the last one just turned off and wouldn't turn back on. Now we're a month further into the present and the new aio has shut off randomly and won't come back on... I replaced thermal paste with the last one thinking the pump was going just inaudible past the fans. But now the new one lights up so it's pretty hard to ignore that the pump isn't just malfunctioning. The sucker isn't getting any power at all! Now if I plug the old one in, suddenly that one works! Which is great and I'm totally cool to buy some thermal paste and be completely satisfied putting the old one back on but it's just pretty clear the problem hasn't been resolved and I'm gonna be bumping into it until then. So, if you have any insight or suggestions I'm stoked to hear! 

My current theory is that I may need a new cmos battery. 

The context for that guess is that over the last week or so my PC has been booting in bios bc it's unsure which disk to boot. At first I thought that one drive with all my media on it was just close to full and that made my PC a little confused but since I had two others with space and the near full one wasn't housing my os or anything, nbd I'd get around to it.

But since my bios could effect how my PC recognizes fans and I've never replaced my battery 🙏🏽🤞🏽

Ps. I did use my cmos flush button with everything unplugged and grounded. No progress.

Also, the install video from Corsair on this model aio shows some discrepancies from the face plate looking vaguely different(I installed the alternate faceplate option so it's hard to say for sure) but the dead giveaway is that the model on corsair's YouTube channel has a type c cable to run data and mine has internal USB. I don't have internal type c that I know of anyway but I do want my fans to go vroom

CMOS - battery saves BIOS settings

Dead CMOS - doesnt really matter unless you are needing custom profiles in your BIOS - replacing is cheap and easy but I dont see this mattering.

CMOS button flash is for when you need to reset BIOS settings, like if you are working on overclocking etc and just want to start fresh

As for the AIO - are you using the Commander Core to plug this all together?

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

On 3/15/2023 at 8:10 AM, Tristerin said:

CMOS - battery saves BIOS settings

Dead CMOS - doesnt really matter unless you are needing custom profiles in your BIOS - replacing is cheap and easy but I dont see this mattering.

CMOS button flash is for when you need to rese oxt BIOS settings, like if you are working on overclocking etc and just want to start fresh

As for the AIO - are you using the Commander Core to plug this all together?

I am using the commander core, I've gotten my PC to run smoothly since posting this and found that the thing stopping the aio from running was the loose wire casing to the command core. 

I also found out that the boot problem was due to my bios not getting the expected feedback from the internal USB header for the aio! So all of my problems are right there! 

For now my PC runs but I would love any advice on compatibility solutions between my motherboard and aio using a pump tack and internal USB. When I look up install videos for the model in general I c a newer print for that aio that has a type c cable for pulling power. Couldn't explain the discrepancy. 

My suspicion is that the fan header isn't supplying the right wattage? 

It's currently set to WPM? PWM? Its not set to DC in bios.

11 hours ago, LaCroixBoi said:

I am using the commander core, I've gotten my PC to run smoothly since posting this and found that the thing stopping the aio from running was the loose wire casing to the command core. 

I also found out that the boot problem was due to my bios not getting the expected feedback from the internal USB header for the aio! So all of my problems are right there! 

For now my PC runs but I would love any advice on compatibility solutions between my motherboard and aio using a pump tack and internal USB. When I look up install videos for the model in general I c a newer print for that aio that has a type c cable for pulling power. Couldn't explain the discrepancy. 

My suspicion is that the fan header isn't supplying the right wattage? 

It's currently set to WPM? PWM? Its not set to DC in bios.

Is the header on your mobo that the AIO is plugged into for a watercooling pump header?  Most modern motherboards have a Waterpump 4 pin, a CPU fan 4 pin and an extra CPU 4 pin and a quick google shows your does - but why do you need a pump tachometer?  The software should monitor and allow control for all of that?

I personally dont use Corsair software anymore since iCUE was implemented.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case