Motherboard recommendation with good iommu separation

m9x3mos

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendation with boards or alternative platforms that aren't super expensive that have good iommu group separation. 

I was using a z390 master and 9900k as a truenas scale machine. 

While trying to setup a vm and pass through my gpu which will only fit in the first or second pcie 16x slot the card is in group one with a bunch of other stuff so I can't pass it through to a vm. If I put it in the bottom slot, it won't then fit in the case but does work there. 

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a board they can recommend or another similar board and processor of similar performance that I can use as an alternative. 

4 hours ago, m9x3mos said:

Was wondering if anyone had any recommendation with boards or alternative platforms that aren't super expensive that have good iommu group separation. 

I was using a z390 master and 9900k as a truenas scale machine. 

While trying to setup a vm and pass through my gpu which will only fit in the first or second pcie 16x slot the card is in group one with a bunch of other stuff so I can't pass it through to a vm. If I put it in the bottom slot, it won't then fit in the case but does work there. 

So I was wondering if anyone knew of a board they can recommend or another similar board and processor of similar performance that I can use as an alternative. 

Something like this in your country might be a good choice MSI Z390-A PRO ATX Motherboard [Intel Z390 Chipset] MB4617 : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories or the WERTYU Fit for ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING Motherboard LGA 1151 DDR4 Z390 NEW : Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)