Gigabyte 4080 16GB AERO OC - Lian li 011 | Cable bend (looking for angled cable)

Jun Ishiwata
Go to solution Solved by Poinkachu,
15 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

Thank you so much for the help, i've seen one from Moddiy (https://www.moddiy.com/products/ATX-3.0-PCIe-5.0-600W-3-x-8-Pin-to-12VHPWR-16-Pin-Angled-Adapter-Cable.html) which looks like it would fit. The 180's on Cablemod do look much thinner yes but i only saw a photo of them and not an actual order/pre-order page.

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-12vhpwr-180-degree-angled-adapter-variant-b/

Idk about Moddiy, but looking at the item pics on their page. I think you'll have some bit of trouble using that with your GPU.
Because on your GPU the 12VHPWR port is sunken, meaning the cable that comes down from the adapter will most likely at the very least touch your heatsink, if not pressing against the heatsink
And then it will have to bend outward abit following the outer contour of the GPU shroud, because from pics it seems the shroud is wider than the heatsink.

But yeah, I can't say anything about their quality, nor the quality of that kind of angled connector. hardly heard them.

image.thumb.png.d221fce9b5695a95968e46b10998a31c.png

So i was installing a Gigabyte 4080 16GB AERO OC into a Lian li 011 but i only have like 2cm/0,8 inch space to plug in the cable and bend it. So at this point i was looking online and cable mod has an angled adapter but its thicker than the space i got. Anyone has another angled option to fix my problem or do i have to vertical mount my gpu

35 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

So i was installing a Gigabyte 4080 16GB AERO OC into a Lian li 011 but i only have like 2cm/0,8 inch space to plug in the cable and bend it. So at this point i was looking online and cable mod has an angled adapter but its thicker than the space i got. Anyone has another angled option to fix my problem or do i have to vertical mount my gpu

Did you only look at the 90 degress adapter or both 90 & 180 degrees don't fit ?
From what I've seen 180 degrees one have less thickness.

If neither option fits you, then you probably really have to vertical mount it.

There's probably such adapter if one looks hard enough, but I suggest not using adapter of questionable quality with such a powerful card.

Especially with 12VHPWR  connector's "fickleness".

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

5 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Did you only look at the 90 degress adapter or both 90 & 180 degrees don't fit ?
From what I've seen 180 degrees one have less thickness.

If neither option fits you, then you probably really have to vertical mount it.

There's probably such adapter if one looks hard enough, but I suggest not using adapter of questionable quality with such a powerful card.

Especially with 12VHPWR  connector's "fickleness".

Thank you so much for the help, i've seen one from Moddiy (https://www.moddiy.com/products/ATX-3.0-PCIe-5.0-600W-3-x-8-Pin-to-12VHPWR-16-Pin-Angled-Adapter-Cable.html) which looks like it would fit. The 180's on Cablemod do look much thinner yes but i only saw a photo of them and not an actual order/pre-order page.

15 minutes ago, Jun Ishiwata said:

https://store.cablemod.com/product/cablemod-12vhpwr-180-degree-angled-adapter-variant-b/

Idk about Moddiy, but looking at the item pics on their page. I think you'll have some bit of trouble using that with your GPU.
Because on your GPU the 12VHPWR port is sunken, meaning the cable that comes down from the adapter will most likely at the very least touch your heatsink, if not pressing against the heatsink
And then it will have to bend outward abit following the outer contour of the GPU shroud, because from pics it seems the shroud is wider than the heatsink.

But yeah, I can't say anything about their quality, nor the quality of that kind of angled connector. hardly heard them.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Poinkachu said:

I've ordered the one you linked. Thanks again my friend, wish you all the best!

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2023 at 6:27 PM, Jun Ishiwata said:

I've ordered the one you linked. Thanks again my friend, wish you all the best!

Just curious, because I'm having the same problem now. Did this workout for you? Can you send pics?