Your thoughts on the Fractal Design Node 804 Cube Case

NullAmbitions

Linus Video: 

My opinion: What the hell Fractal. Hard to install HDD's, nearly impossible cable management, and worst of all non removable top air filter?! This case is a joke. Before I saw all the flaws I thought about replacing my Cooler Master Haf XB with this, now I don't.

This case is a joke.

love it, and will buy it.

simple as that.  :D

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

its like a mini corsair Air 540

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a joke. The HDDs might be harder to install but the fact that you can fit 10 in there with 2 more 2.5 inch drives is impressive.

"Nearly impossible cable management"

It's hard to comment on that if you haven't built in one. For some cases sure you can look and say "holy crap there is no way I can cable manage properly in this", but at least here the cable management options are there and are in sensible locations. It just seems to me as though it's suffering from the usual small form factor problem of where to put all that extra cable intended for ATX size cases. On top of that, they used an AX1200i in the video which is an uncommon length, 160mm long PSUs will have a much easier time of managing the cables.

Like Linus said in the video, there's no way for them to increase the volume of the case, but what they have done is used the volume in a creative way. Might not be perfect sure but it isn't "a joke".

It's simple yet elegant in my opinion...I love cases that are what I consider to be understated and this fits the bill. 

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a joke. The HDDs might be harder to install but the fact that you can fit 10 in there with 2 more 2.5 inch drives is impressive.

"Nearly impossible cable management"

It's hard to comment on that if you haven't built in one. For some cases sure you can look and say "holy crap there is no way I can cable manage properly in this", but at least here the cable management options are there and are in sensible locations. It just seems to me as though it's suffering from the usual small form factor problem of where to put all that extra cable intended for ATX size cases. On top of that, they used an AX1200i in the video which is an uncommon length, 160mm long PSUs will have a much easier time of managing the cables.

Like Linus said in the video, there's no way for them to increase the volume of the case, but what they have done is used the volume in a creative way. Might not be perfect sure but it isn't "a joke".

Look at the HAF XB case (the one I have) and look how it's arranged. There's many ways they could've made better use of space. At that to the non removable filter. They're different size cases but in my opinion the case is a joke.

Why would I buy a case that's crippled in some ways and amazing in others when there are better alternatives on the market.

that case plus this mobo: LINK would be a great little server box i would not be cheap but would sure look good if it didn't have a side panel window.

also im worried about the case integrity with all of the racks filled up.

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Look at the HAF XB case (the one I have) and look how it's arranged. There's many ways they could've made better use of space. At that to the non removable filter. They're different size cases but in my opinion the case is a joke.

Why would I buy a case that's crippled in some ways and amazing in others when there are better alternatives on the market.

What better mATX cube cases are there on the market? The only one that springs to mind is the Parvum S2.0 and that is more expensive with less features and a love/hate design and less than optimal drive space, I think Case Labs might have one too. So far as I know, no other mATX case has this many drive options at this kind of physical size. They're trying to innovate and using overly inflammatory language isn't helpful at all.

As for the non-removable dust filter, sure a removable one would have been useful but in the end it isn't that much of a downside, it won't get so dusty that the only way to properly clean it is to remove the filter.

As for comparing the layouts of this and the HAF XB, the only real difference seems to be that the XB has its motherboard mounted horizontally, with fewer drive mounts and a similar number if not fewer fan mounts. Overall the layout is the same with two compartments, one for the main components and another for the PSU and drives, except the Node 804 allows more drives despite being a much smaller case.

What better mATX cube cases are there on the market? The only one that springs to mind is the Parvum S2.0 and that is more expensive with less features and a love/hate design and less than optimal drive space, I think Case Labs might have one too. So far as I know, no other mATX case has this many drive options at this kind of physical size. They're trying to innovate and using overly inflammatory language isn't helpful at all.

As for the non-removable dust filter, sure a removable one would have been useful but in the end it isn't that much of a downside, it won't get so dusty that the only way to properly clean it is to remove the filter.

As for comparing the layouts of this and the HAF XB, the only real difference seems to be that the XB has its motherboard mounted horizontally, with fewer drive mounts and a similar number if not fewer fan mounts. Overall the layout is the same with two compartments, one for the main components and another for the PSU and drives, except the Node 804 allows more drives despite being a much smaller case.

I personally just am not a fan of the node. I admit the Cooler Master one has it's flaws *cough* internal 2.5" drive bays over 3.5" drive bays" *cough*

I love it! I'd order it right now if that wouldn't mean getting a whole new set of radiators.

How many ppm can it crank out? Also, how much are toner cartridges?

jk

I have never built a PC before but if I built one I would spring for this case. I would rarely do upgrades but I like the fact that it takes a while to upgrade stuff because that means I can put off chores.

It's pretty good, but I want a midi tower.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

What better mATX cube cases are there on the market?

What about the SG10? Or 350D?

Not cubes.

I wouldn't call it better, I have the SG09 which is the ugly sister of the SG10.

I would say the node was better or worse.

Not cubes.

The SG is classed as a cube case otherwise I wouldn't of found it. It's just not as fat as the other guys ;)

Maybe the RVZ01? Or is that an ITX case?