My Newly Bought CPU is getting SUPER HOT, Need Help! [SOLVED]

foxbill86
Go to solution Solved by Dukesilver27-,

Download FanControl from github to adjust fan curve of all your fans.

Try blasting 100% just for the CPU cooler, if the temps don't go down, then I'd suggest to check the mounting. There's a chance that the heatsink does not properly contact the CPU, or uneven pressure.

Update, I have used all of my thermal paste sooo I wont be trying to remount this for a while and would buy a thermal grizzly kryonaut paste in the future

Key Points from this thread:

• So I would try remounting it again
  • Its a bit high but normal and its not critical to hover low 80c at max load
  • new gen CPUs has great sensors that is the spike's spike was super fast
  • I would buy a quality thermal paste

Thank you everyone for helping me out! 

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D | Gigabyte B550M DS3H Rev 1.7 | Kingston Fury X 32GB DDR4 (2X16) 2666MHz | Gigabyte RX 6800 GAMING OC 16G |

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE | 3X Rakk Maris Pro 120mm RGB Fans | Rakk Dulus Case | Gigabyte GP-P650G 650W 80+ GOLD Certified Active PFC 

Lexar NM710 M.2 1TB NVMe SSD Gen 4 | Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA

KOORUI 24E3. 24" 1080p Gaming Monitor, 165Hz Refresh Rate, IPS Panel

54 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

That's Ryzens, they go as fast as possible as long as temps are in check, the 7000s even reach 95C on any cooling...

ok. Thanks for the info.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

16 minutes ago, TechlessBro said:

What’s the room temp, humidity etc?

I'm in the Philippines, very hot and humid. But the PC is located on the ground floor, cooler air and our walls are thicc concrete. It's cold down here in a tropical country

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D | Gigabyte B550M DS3H Rev 1.7 | Kingston Fury X 32GB DDR4 (2X16) 2666MHz | Gigabyte RX 6800 GAMING OC 16G |

Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE | 3X Rakk Maris Pro 120mm RGB Fans | Rakk Dulus Case | Gigabyte GP-P650G 650W 80+ GOLD Certified Active PFC 

Hello Guys! I think the problem was the thermal paste and the mounting.

When I popped the cooler because I have bought a Deep Cool Z5 Thermal Paste, there was like 80% contact and the 20% was pure metal from the CPU. The Deep Cool Z5 Thermal Paste has a included spreader and I evenly spread the thermal paste on the CPU and I remount everything on the cooler. The result was really good.

Instead of shooting to 80c in an instant, now it is at a consistent pace before going up. And last time the max temp was 82c, now it's just flat 80c.

Thank you everyone for helping me! 

57 minutes ago, foxbill86 said:

Hello Guys! I think the problem was the thermal paste and the mounting.

When I popped the cooler because I have bought a Deep Cool Z5 Thermal Paste, there was like 80% contact and the 20% was pure metal from the CPU. The Deep Cool Z5 Thermal Paste has a included spreader and I evenly spread the thermal paste on the CPU and I remount everything on the cooler. The result was really good.

Instead of shooting to 80c in an instant, now it is at a consistent pace before going up. And last time the max temp was 82c, now it's just flat 80c.

Thank you everyone for helping me! 

Thank you for updating us with your solution, this might very well help other people with similar problems coming here in the future.

Have a nice one! 🙂