Is installing one of these 4-Pin Fan header Splitters a good idea?

Sajowill
Go to solution Solved by Arttu89,

As long as you stay within power limits of what the mobo can provide and what the cables can handle, you should be fine.You are correct in assuming all fans will run at the same speed (as long as they're the same make/model, if you decide to change one or more of the fans in the future and have a mix, it's possible the speeds will vary).

Hi there! 

I had a question about splitter boards for 4-Pin fan headers. Basically my case came with a bunch of loud and cheap noname fans. Im thinking of replacing them but theyre connected with weird molex adapters. Since I just have a CPU and chassis fan header on my motherboard im thinking about using a fan splitter board like in the picture for the chassis header.

I already checked out the rating on the header of my MoBo, it's 12W and the fans i'd like to hook up are 4x BeQuiet! ShadowWings 2, which have 1.44 Watts each. So it should be fine.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has experience with this kind of thing and if there's anything i should be aware of? Also, is it right to assume that all 4 fans will then change with the pwm of the original header?

Thanks for any help and have a nice day everyone! 

fanheadersplitter.PNG.7dc200ea64fba0033f670148d6406651.PNGSajowill

Edited by Sajowill
I dont know how to change where im posting this T_T

As long as you stay within power limits of what the mobo can provide and what the cables can handle, you should be fine.You are correct in assuming all fans will run at the same speed (as long as they're the same make/model, if you decide to change one or more of the fans in the future and have a mix, it's possible the speeds will vary).

1 hour ago, Arttu89 said:

Thanks for the answer mate! Have a nice day 🙂