blue screen of death in TurboMode

hi all,
I encounter a weird problem with my new rig setup and is annoying :confused:
Every time when i Enable Turbo mode in Bios, periodically my system become unstable and i have black screen of death with next error: Whea uncorectable error 124-GenuineIntel.sys
.So this error is from proccesor for sure,so i checked stability and health of my CPU with Intel diagnostic program,but all test are fine,he PASSED without problem.
If i disable Turbo mode from BIOS,i have NO more BSOD problem anymore,but in Device manager it show me i must activate.
This whea 124 error is just because my CPU is overhiting,or i must made DELIDED for him,or my AIO Corsair H115i sucks?
The funny things,is i checked temperature with Real Temp,and when i receive this bsod it's always when i browsing in Opera and it never goes over 40-45 degree.When i play light game like Diablo 3 for example, i never have this bsod 124 error,
I don't understand this WEIRD BEHAVIOR.Another weird thing, ichecked my temperature in idle mode and for example now i have 19-23 dgree and over 1 second it goes to29-36 degree.It is posible to thermal degree is not good?I applied Arctic Mx-4
It's possible even my CPU PASS the IntelDiagnostic test,to have HIDDEN PROBLEM under the Turbo mode and is a defective CPU? :(:(
I must DELID the processor for TurboMode,or is not necessary?I forgot to mention,my CPU is 7820x,but u know my cpu already...
I was so haping with my new rig,and now i encounter this problem.......

thanks in advance for any sugestion if u have,

minidump.jpg

minidump2.jpg

turbo3.jpg

processor diagnostic tool.jpg

bios.jpg

I would try updating your chipset drivers and your BIOS first and foremost. My rig would do the same thing that you're describing when I first got it and was very unstable when using XMP or Turbo Mode until I did the above. Those temps seem fine, and the CPU should thermal throttle long before it would crash due to temperature.

the problem in my case,is my motherboard version is from 2017,and the latest is from 2022,but i'm afraid to flash BIOS because i don.t have UPS.I don t know if this motherboard have dual bios in case of power outage occured 馃檮

bios_ver.jpg

3 hours ago, Hunter- said:

the problem in my case,is my motherboard version is from 2017,and the latest is from 2022,but i'm afraid to flash BIOS because i don.t have UPS.I don t know if this motherboard have dual bios in case of power outage occured 馃檮

bios_ver.jpg

If the power in your place seems pretty stable, you may just have to risk the update. I've been pretty reckless with my BIOS updates and have been pretty lucky.

If your BIOS is that outdated, i'd probably bet an update may resolve the issue that you're having.

@Huntertry running the RAM at JDEC (non XMP)聽 speeds and see if the error persists , in case you overclocked your ram manually above XMP then try XMP first then if that doesnt work try JDEC standard聽

14 minutes ago, papajo said:

@Huntertry running the RAM at JDEC (non XMP)聽 speeds and see if the error persists , in case you overclocked your ram manually above XMP then try XMP first then if that doesnt work try JDEC standard聽

I second this. Part of my suggestion to update the BIOS was to improve XMP stability. Kind of forgot to include that detail, so i'm glad you did!

I change in BIOS :

CPU Core ratio set to Auto

AI Overclocker Tuner set to Auto

.When i encounter bsod with Turbo Mode Enabled,CPU core ratio was set to By Core usage,and the weird thing is聽 when i load DEFAULT settings in bios ,he choose automatically By Core Usage not Auto,and with settings Core usage, AVX is set to 4500Mhz,AVX 512 set to 4500mhz and Turbo mode the same 4500.With AUTO settings, AVX is set automatically to 3800mhz and AVX 512 to 3600mhz and no more BSOD.......

And from yesterday until now,i don't have anymore BSOD,my CPU is stable now....but i'm not sure 100% yet if bsod don't come back

The only thing which bother me is this CPU tend to be HOT,and is not summer yet.....With Corsair H115i in idle mode i have 30-35 degree,sometime jump to 40 degree...Is too much for idle

sincerely Bogdan,

p.s Right now i have Arctic Mx-4 applied on CPU.If i change paste with Arctic Silver 5 or Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme is better for this hot聽 cpu 7820x ?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg