A solution to the WAN Startime problem

Hey,
I watched the recording of WAN Show today (WAN Show March 3, 2023) and heard about your issue with the starting of it. Because we had a similar problem at the company i am working for i decided to create this account and propose the solution we settled on:

We have a countdown at the beginning we start rolling when we are ready to start and start the going live process. It is more than long enough to last until all plattforms are live and has some nice animations in the background. When it hits 0 our intro starts rolling (with a nice transition) and everyone in the studio nows when it will be finished and can prepare properly as it will switch automatically to the maincam once the intro is over. As i do not work in the team that was responsible for it i do not know how exactly how they did it, but it should not really be harder than rolling the regular intro by just putting the countdown in front of the videofile.

It also has a second benefit: By doing so users have some time to join and do not miss the first seconds if they stream on youtube where there is no preshow. 

The only problem i see would be a break between the preshow and the mainshow for those that watch the preshow, but i can not really comment if this might be a problem as i have not watched the preshow so far

As i have not used the forum so far i am not sure if this is the right place to post, please inform me otherwise

This type of setup is very common on twitch as well. Fancy background with a countdown timer, and sometimes live view of the chat.