Camera to set up a nature live stream?

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved back to the East coast of the US. My new apartment has a great view from higher up of a river with plenty of interesting bird life. For some reason I am feeling like setting up a live stream of the area. The best view is from the living room, where I will not be able to have my computer for a usb cam. Additionally, unless the camera is battery powered, I will not be able to set it up outside and will have to go through the window. Would anyone recommend a camera and some suggestions on how to set it up? Currently聽 I imagine 2 scenarios, maybe a usb cam with a raspberry pi or a stand alone cam with built in wifi (perhaps some way to co-opt a Nest)? A winter shot (sans wildlife) and a kitty attached 馃檪

Many thanks!

Winter.jpg

Gizmo.jpg

I guess your best option would be a used Smartphone, i use a galaxy s8 with a cracked screen as a webcam and with a 5 $ app you can stream 1080p even over WIFI to OBS and from there you can stream it to where ever you want... maybe there is even a better option to stream it directly from the smartphone...

13 minutes ago, WizDresden said:

Hi everyone,

I have recently moved back to the East coast of the US. My new apartment has a great view from higher up of a river with plenty of interesting bird life. For some reason I am feeling like setting up a live stream of the area. The best view is from the living room, where I will not be able to have my computer for a usb cam. Additionally, unless the camera is battery powered, I will not be able to set it up outside and will have to go through the window. Would anyone recommend a camera and some suggestions on how to set it up? Currently聽 I imagine 2 scenarios, maybe a usb cam with a raspberry pi or a stand alone cam with built in wifi (perhaps some way to co-opt a Nest)? A winter shot (sans wildlife) and a kitty attached 馃檪

Many thanks!

Winter.jpg

Gizmo.jpg

Couldn't you just use a security cam?

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU-聽RTX 4070 SUPER FEMOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi聽RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVMEPSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake)聽CASE-Phanteks NV5MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hzPERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

On 3/3/2023 at 4:26 PM, _Omega_ said:

I guess your best option would be a used Smartphone, i use a galaxy s8 with a cracked screen as a webcam and with a 5 $ app you can stream 1080p even over WIFI to OBS and from there you can stream it to where ever you want... maybe there is even a better option to stream it directly from the smartphone...

Thank you for the suggestion. I think I have a Pixel 5 with a cracked screen somewhere. I'll give that a shot first. Found a few apps that would connect with OBS.聽

@ShawtyT30beTHICCCThank you for the suggestion as well. Don't have a security cam atm. If the pixel 5 doesn't work out I will research security cams.聽