Bus sim 21 using up 80% of my i7 7gen

Not really familiar with the game, but the 7700/K are old Skylake based quad cores, it isn't unheard of for them to be near maxed out in newer games. That being said it probably isn't a problem if you're satisfied with your current performance, and it's currently a decent pairing with the gpu you have.

Main PC :

CPU = R9 3900X / Motherboard = Asus Crosshair 8 Hero / GPU = EVGA SC Ultra RTX 2060 / RAM = G.Skill 3600 16-19-19-39 ( 32GB / 4x8 ) / Cooling = Dark Rock Pro 4 / Storage = Western Digital Caviar Blue ( X4 ) Crucial 500GB NVME, 500GB 970 EVO/ PSU = Seasonic X-850 Modular / Case = Corsair Carbide 200R

Wireless = Asus PCE-AC56 / Keyboard & Mouse = Corsair K70 MX Blue, Logitech G203 / Headphones = Hyperx Cloud Alpha /

3 minutes ago, Coachdude said:

Not really familiar with the game, but the 7700/K are old Skylake based quad cores, it isn't unheard of for them to be near maxed out in newer games. That being said it probably isn't a problem if you're satisfied with your current performance, and it's currently a decent pairing with the gpu you have.

The recommend specs is a i5 4400 so i feel that it should not take up 80% of a i7 7700 i have a really bad cpu Cooler so it is at a 87 Celsius and i am worried it will damage the cpu

1 minute ago, SIMONIMO3 said:

The recommend specs is a i5 4400 so i feel that it should not take up 80% of a i7 7700 i have a really bad cpu Cooler so it is at a 87 Celsius and i am worried it will damage the cpu

87 won't damage the CPU 🙂  Its toasty, but not dangerous.   Games like Bus sim 21 are extremely unoptimized, same with Consuction Simulator.. No game like construction simulator pushes my RTX 4080 so hard, and it looks like garbage.   What framerate are you getting?

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

87 won't damage the CPU 🙂  Its toasty, but not dangerous.   Games like Bus sim 21 are extremely unoptimized, same with Consuction Simulator.. No game like construction simulator pushes my RTX 4080 so hard, and it looks like garbage.   What framerate are you getting?

60fps (have a 60 Hz monitor and v sync on)

70% GPU medium high settings

Note: lowering graphics settings does not affect CPU usage for me i tried it)

Just now, SIMONIMO3 said:

60fps (have a 60 Hz monitor and v sync on)

70% GPU medium high settings

Note: lowering graphics settings does not affect CPU usage for me i tried it)

For comparison ETS2 max settings 60% gpu 75fps 

Your temperatures are within an acceptable range and you are getting the best performance our monitor will actually allow you to appreciate. I'm not seeing a problem. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Simulation games are very CPU intensive, changing graphics settings won’t have a big impact on your CPU usage.