XFX rx580 artifacts before bios bootup

VenomRaptor17
Go to solution Solved by aledsav1,

I would not have any concerns, I would if I had never encountered it before like you, but as I said I had a lot of the rx versions show this anomaly.

Why it happens I don't know it could be how it interacts with the motherboard bios/monitor/cable or anything.

I used to buy hundreds of rx5 series from a mining farm a few years back to sell on when they were upgrading, so I have literaly tested hundreds of rx cards and say 1 in 50 or so would display what looks like artifacting of some sort during flash screen, similar to yours but also many variations, sometimes a bright purple screen and so on, but all of those cards worked perfectly, and I never had any other issues with them.

Hope that puts your mind at ease

So guys recently i changed my gtx960 strix 2gig card to a xfx rx580 8gb oc+ edition so i installed it to my pc with an ryzen 5 3600 and a tuf b550 wifi motherboard with a 550W powersuuply but before i boot ini get weird artifacts and then boot into bios this never happened on my gtx960 .....is my gpu broken? but it just happens for a few seconds and then the card works completely fine and works perfectly with everything under stress tests and for gaming with no issues its just this issue of artifacts before the bios..what is the problem? i did clean my drivers using ddu3 uninstaller and slotted the card.

hello.jpg

I used to have a 580 and it did weird things like this also, but never caused any problems, could try reseating the GPU and making sure the power cables are fully seated

Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

8 minutes ago, Ripred said:

I used to have a 580 and it did weird things like this also, but never caused any problems, could try reseating the GPU and making sure the power cables are fully seated

I jhust reseated the 8 pin power to a different one on the same corded cable and the artifact color changes is it the powersupply?

3 minutes ago, VenomRaptor17 said:

I jhust reseated the 8 pin power to a different one on the same corded cable and the artifact color changes is it the powersupply?

Possible but you mentioned running stress tests and playing games with no issues, try running the stress tests again with HWinfo running and see if there are any big droops in the 12v,5v and 3v, these can cause all kinds of havoc without presenting obvious symptoms 

X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 😅~

10 minutes ago, Ripred said:

Possible but you mentioned running stress tests and playing games with no issues, try running the stress tests again with HWinfo running and see if there are any big droops in the 12v,5v and 3v, these can cause all kinds of havoc without presenting obvious symptoms 

what should i check in hwinfo because this is my first time using it

had plenty of rx cards exhibit the same issues on splash/boot screen but worked perfectly other than that, you could check your cards bios make sure its not a modded/mining bios, but given the number of rx I have had with similar issues I would not be concerned 

2 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

had plenty of rx cards exhibit the same issues on splash/boot screen but worked perfectly other than that, you could check your cards bios make sure its not a modded/mining bios, but given the number of rx I have had with similar issues I would not be concerned 

thats great to know i bought this off a 2nd handguy and for him the card works completely fine with no issues like this he even got surprised for something like this to occur i am trying tomorrow to get this card to my friends place to swap it with his pc and check whether its the same/...also shud i be concerened at all even hwinfo says its pretty much fine i think

I would not have any concerns, I would if I had never encountered it before like you, but as I said I had a lot of the rx versions show this anomaly.

Why it happens I don't know it could be how it interacts with the motherboard bios/monitor/cable or anything.

I used to buy hundreds of rx5 series from a mining farm a few years back to sell on when they were upgrading, so I have literaly tested hundreds of rx cards and say 1 in 50 or so would display what looks like artifacting of some sort during flash screen, similar to yours but also many variations, sometimes a bright purple screen and so on, but all of those cards worked perfectly, and I never had any other issues with them.

Hope that puts your mind at ease

On 2/24/2023 at 11:03 AM, VenomRaptor17 said:

what should i check in hwinfo because this is my first time using it

HWinfo gives way more information than most need, mostly for these kinds of issues or if your running into weird behavior look at the "main board" info for voltages 12v, 5v etc.. and CPU info for temperatures 

After looking at those few things if you don't see crazy high temps like 90c and up And you don't see crazy low voltages like the 12v being 11.3v it's probably fine,like I said and aled said these tend to behave like this for no good reason