(very) annoying issue with mobile YouTube app

Coaxialgamer

Hello all!

I currently have a Redmi Note 10 4G running MIUI12 (Android 11).

I've recently started to encounter issues with the mobile YouTube app (both official and derivatives, eg ReVanced) where the pause button and timeline bar seem to spontaneously come up randomly and frequently while I'm watching content, as if I had just tapped on the screen during playback. This is very annoying, as the overlays cover a significant portion of the screen.

This is fixed by quickly tapping on the screen again, but it may only be moments until the overlay pops back up again. It does not disappear on its own.

Screenshot_2023-02-23-10-16-33-888_app.revanced.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.1a0dd5f405604295958e8274d9236c4c.jpg

I have only encountered these issues on the YouTube app. Other media consomption apps (eg the built-in video player) do not seem to have this issue. Use of of the developper tools seems to suggest that the screen isn't registering rogue/errant screen "taps" either.

Messing with accessibility settings, as suggested by a cursory Google search, does not seem to help.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

5 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Hello all!

I currently have a Redmi Note 10 4G running MIUI12 (Android 11).

I've recently started to encounter issues with the mobile YouTube app (both official and derivatives, eg ReVanced) where the pause button and timeline bar seem to spontaneously come up randomly and frequently while I'm watching content, as if I had just tapped on the screen during playback. This is very annoying, as the overlays cover a significant portion of the screen.

This is fixed by quickly tapping on the screen again, but it may only be moments until the overlay pops back up again. It does not disappear on its own.

Screenshot_2023-02-23-10-16-33-888_app.revanced.android.youtube.thumb.jpg.1a0dd5f405604295958e8274d9236c4c.jpg

I have only encountered these issues on the YouTube app. Other media consomption apps (eg the built-in video player) do not seem to have this issue. Use of of the developper tools seems to suggest that the screen isn't registering rogue/errant screen "taps" either.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

Yep, also for some reason, at random my video will pause when I either increase or decrease my volume. And sometimes it buggs out in a much weirder way and just keeps scrolling down if I keep my finger on the screen. If I want to scroll back up, I basically have to yeet my finger across the screen repedately to try to combat the automatic scrolling.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G with One UI 5.0 (Android 13)

Edited by DreamCat04
added phone

I'm using MIUI14 with mu Poco F4 GT. 
Not using YT app daily, but this happens on mine only when it tries to load, auto change happens or if I use the sidebar.