Internal USB 3.0 splitter on RIVBE

Hi everyone,

I am currently using a RIVBE motherboard on a caselabs case where they have 4 usb 3.0 front port

The RIVBE only have one internal USB 3.0 connector;  than I came accross 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/22397/ele-1275/USB30_20-Pin_Female_to_2x_USB30_20-Pin_Male_Y_Adapter.html?id=6j4wDDQB&mv_pc=170

Which let me split the internal USB to get all 4 of the front ports working, unfortunately it didnt work 

I tried tightening it and update the driver for it

can anyone shed some light ? has anyone ever use the same product?

Ofc it won't work. You should have checked the pin layout before: http://i.imgur.com/HtV2xKp.png

2 ports is the max.

Just get a 3.0 to 2.0 adapter and hook it up to the internal usb 2.0 header

it didn't work, meaning none of the ports work or just two or one or three?

the connector onboard is an Intel USB hub so even if a 9-port hub was attached

it should work, unless the product is faulty.

Nah point is that the header on the board is wired for 2 ports only, same for 2.0 headers

Ofc it won't work. You should have checked the pin layout before: http://i.imgur.com/HtV2xKp.png

2 ports is the max.

Just get a 3.0 to 2.0 adapter and hook it up to the internal usb 2.0 header

Silly me, ofc it wont work

thx for the heads up

the connector onboard is an Intel USB hub so even if a 9-port hub was attached

it should work, unless the product is faulty.

none of them work :(

I'll probably gonna buy the 3.0 to 2.0 adapter, it's just stupid to have a non working ports

you know it when you stick a usb and nothing came up on the screen and you have to move it to the other ports all the time

it's so sickening

I would probably get a PCI-e USB 3.0 card if you have the slot free. They're not horribly expenisve (20 USD or so) and then you can get USB 3 speeds out of it. 

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC

I would probably get a PCI-e USB 3.0 card if you have the slot free. They're not horribly expenisve (20 USD or so) and then you can get USB 3 speeds out of it. 

It's more about getting the included front panel usb 3.0 to work

I can only have 2 out of 4 working and it really bothers me :( I just couldn't stand that my dream pc doesn't get all the features working

How is that cable even supposed to work exactly?

How is that cable even supposed to work exactly?

I thought It can just split the use of the motherboard 20 pin 3.0 usb into two

my case has 4 front 3.0 ports with a female 20 pin cables for each two

Same dilemma here

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

does it transfer at usb 3 speeds?

I Love Playing CS:GO!

Current 

AMD Athlon X4 760K | MSI A78M-E45 | Sapphire R7 265 | Cougar Solution | Cooler Master Hyper T4 | ADATA XPg V1.0 1600Mhz 8GB | Fractal Design 650W

I thought It can just split the use of the motherboard 20 pin 3.0 usb into two

my case has 4 front 3.0 ports with a female 20 pin cables for each two

Well your splitting 2 usb 3.0 ports even if that would have worked you could have only used two of the 4 at a time because that is all a header can do. But what I meant was you cant just splt USB which is why we have hubs. so it might not actually be meant for splitting usb 3.0 header.

Nope , 2.0 speed

at least the ports become usable

yep also for some stuff you sill need a good old fashioned USB 2.0 port still so im kinda sad seeing them leaving or where you only get like 2 of them.

It would be a clusterfuck... but here is one option to get all of them with 3.0 speeds (ish).

Two of these to plug into your case cables, then plug the (4) 9 pins into a 3.0 usb hub. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Port-USB-3-0-A-Male-to-Motherboard-20-Pin-Header-Data-Cable-Adapter-Cord-For-PC-/281017961911

Then get one of these, plug the hub into it, then plug it into the motherboard. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CLfK2-fXmr4CFcpcMgod1lgAdA&Item=N82E16812400316&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-USB+Cables-_-N82E16812400316&ef_id=UoYvcAAAALvHRFua:20140507204835:s

This would share all 4 front ports over one USB 3.0 output of the motherboard. If you wanted to share 2 case ports over one motherboard port you would need two hubs, one plugged into each of the cable from newegg.

Let me know if that was too confusing and I'll MS paint up a diagram lol.

It's more about getting the included front panel usb 3.0 to work

I can only have 2 out of 4 working and it really bothers me :( I just couldn't stand that my dream pc doesn't get all the features working

I know. You can get them that have an internal USB 3 header on them as well as the ports on the back.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Uspeed-Express-20-pin-Connector/dp/B007SJGGAE/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1399514204&sr=1-1&keywords=usb+pci-e+20+pin

Desktop: AMD Threadripper 1950X @ 4.1Ghz Enermax 360L  Gigabyte Aorus Extreme   Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme  BeQuiet! Dark Base Pro 900  EVGA SuperNova 1000w G2  LG 34GK950f & ASUS PA248Q Klipsch Reference/Audeze Mobius

Synology Wireless AC-2600

Laptop: Alienware 17R5   Intel i7 8750H  Nvidia GTX1080   3840x2160 4k AdobeRGB IGZO Display   32GB DDR4 2133   256GB+1TB NVMe SSD    1TB Seagate SSHD   Killer 1550 Dual-Band Wireless AC