Icue not working with Asus motherboard

PcBeExpensive

I have an Asus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming and Corsair says Icue can connect to it and control the RGB Lighting on the motherboard and of the fans plugged into the mobo. I have done all the right steps but the only RGB it controls is the lighting on the actual MOBO, I have my fans hooked up to a ARGB hub but I dont think that would be the problem. Help please.

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

1 minute ago, PcBeExpensive said:

I have an Asus ROG Strix B550-f Gaming and Corsair says Icue can connect to it and control the RGB Lighting on the motherboard and of the fans plugged into the mobo. I have done all the right steps but the only RGB it controls is the lighting on the actual MOBO, I have my fans hooked up to a ARGB hub but I dont think that would be the problem. Help please.

It can control only the Motherboard RGB, not the actual ARGB/RGB headers on the board. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Nope, that's old news, they don't work, how nice isn't it yes?

I went and bought a Corsair proprietary connector adaptor and used that to make my standard ARGB fans to work with Corsair AIO

2 minutes ago, Supersonicwolfe said:

Nope, that's old news, they don't work, how nice isn't it yes?

I went and bought a Corsair proprietary connector adaptor and used that to make my standard ARGB fans to work with Corsair AIO

wow. Thats sad, maybe thats why they didnt respond to me when I sent an email about it. 

My First PC
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

It can control only the Motherboard RGB, not the actual ARGB/RGB headers on the board. 

thanks for the info.

My First PC

2 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

To be honest I never got it working with my Asus X670E-F anyway... Given the RAM and AIO are Corsair, I just set ASUS to not showing any color, and bought an adaptor (for the ARGB case fans) so the H100i's controller control all the RGB though ICUE.

I suppose if I buy a commander core or whatever its called and connect my argb cables into that it would work?

My First PC

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

You could try to downlaod ASUS's Armoury Crate software. I can control my corsair fans through that.

image.png.a8a22d1420311b97ff1839815c5c7b0f.png
image.thumb.png.8a8c8b46a32382ec8e5e0554718653b0.png
image.png.2a102e34d2498a28fa36c21f5a1fa12c.png

Just now, Supersonicwolfe said:

To be honest I never got it working with my Asus X670E-F anyway... Given the RAM and AIO are Corsair, I just set ASUS to not showing any color, and bought an adaptor (for the ARGB case fans) so the H100i's controller control all the RGB though ICUE.

ok, so if I do plug my argb cables into a corsair argb control thing it would work?

My First PC

Just now, Hinjima said:

You could try to downlaod ASUS's Armoury Crate software. I can control my corsair fans through that.

image.png.a8a22d1420311b97ff1839815c5c7b0f.png
image.thumb.png.8a8c8b46a32382ec8e5e0554718653b0.png
image.png.2a102e34d2498a28fa36c21f5a1fa12c.png

yep, I dont have corsair fans. Just some corsair RAM and armoury crate doesnt control that.

My First PC

although on the box of ram it says 'compatible with aura sync' or something.

My First PC

it does work, just takes doing it properly. First need to install Asus Armory Crate but NOT open it, then install iCue and it should then work. Its how it works for me. 

image.thumb.png.8502228f0fb1462f8372a6e7a3e60fe3.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Corsair have a proprietary RGB connector, so you will need an adaptor for it.

Corsair RGB Fan Hub to Standard ARGB 3-pin 5V Adapter - Etsy (GMajorTech also sells on Ebay and Amazon)

ok thanks for the help.

My First PC

4 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

yep, I dont have corsair fans. Just some corsair RAM and armoury crate doesnt control that.

Should work with any RGB stuff, Armoury Crate is made for ASUS's motherboards.  Give it a try if you haven't already.

Just now, Hinjima said:

Should work with any RGB stuff, Armoury Crate is made for ASUS's motherboards.  Give it a try if you haven't already.

give what a try?

My First PC

give what a try?

Downloading Armoury Crate.

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

it does work, just takes doing it properly. First need to install Asus Armory Crate but NOT open it, then install iCue and it should then work. Its how it works for me. 

Well, I gave up on it because I still use Armory Crate to update drivers and enable Eco mode, Asus mobo really make things complicated with these BS...

10 minutes ago, PcBeExpensive said:

although on the box of ram it says 'compatible with aura sync' or something.

You will need iCUE to control the Corsair RAM, it won't work without it. (On my second system I have a Aorus mobo, I still have to install iCUE and let RGB Fusion to control iCUE)

That said, I later swiched to Kingston ram, which didn't need to install any other Software. That system is now ICUE free.

So I would say go get a Commander pro or node, if you want to use iCUE to control your fans

What I am using is an iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler (Comes with a Pump/RGB/fan controller), and then used the GMajorTech adaptor to connect my LianLi case fan

3 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Downloading Armoury Crate.

I have armoury crate installed.

My First PC

Well, I gave up on it because I still use Armory Crate to update drivers and enable Eco mode, Asus mobo really make things complicated with these BS...

You will need ICUE to control the Corsair RAM, it won't work without it. 

So I would say go get a Commander pro or node.

What I am using is an iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler (Comes with a Pump/RGB/fan controller), and then used the GMajorTech adaptor to connect my LianLi case fan

I will go get one of those. Honestly, why do these companies make things like this so complicated.

My First PC

I think the Corsair rep made a mistake.

Controlling the RGB lighting ON the motherboard, can only be controlled with the motherboard's RGB software... in your case ASUS Armory Crate / Aura Sync.

However, if you have RGB stuff (i.e. light strips, fans, etc) that plugs into the ARGB / RGB headers, you can either control it through the motherboard software OR iCUE.

Most motherboards now use "standard" 3-pin ARGB and 4-pin RGB headers.

If you want to control those through iCUE, then you need some sort of adapter cable, because.... Corsair uses their *stupid* proprietary connector.

To control Corsair iCUE stuff through ASUS Armory Crate / Aura Sync, then you need an adapter, Corsair's connector to "standard" ARGB / RGB.

So yes, Corsair's ARGB is technically "Compatible" with ASUS Aura Sync...but you need adapter(s). 

Be warned. If you have multiple RGB software installed at once, you MAY run into software...conflicts.

Personally, to avoid ANY software conflicts, I just use standard ARGB / RGB accessories, and just use ONE piece of software.

All my light strips, fans, graphics cards, water pump, CPU block are all through the motherboard RGB software.

Intel Z390 Rig ( *NEW* Primary )

Intel X99 Rig (Officially Decommissioned, Dead CPU returned to Intel)

• i7-8086K @ 5.1 GHz
  • Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
  • Sapphire NITRO+ RX 6800 XT S.E + EKwb Quantum Vector Full Cover Waterblock
  • 32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3000 CL14 @ DDR-3400 custom CL15 timings
  • SanDisk 480 GB SSD + 1TB Samsung 860 EVO +  500GB Samsung 980 + 1TB WD SN750
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2 + Red/White CableMod Cables
  • Lian-Li O11 Dynamic EVO XL
  • Ekwb Custom loop + 2x EKwb Quantum Surface P360M Radiators
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum + Corsair K70 (Red LED, anodized black, Cheery MX Browns)

AMD Ryzen Rig

• AMD R7-5800X
  • Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC
  • 32GB (16GB X 2) Crucial Ballistix RGB DDR4-3600
  • Gigabyte Vision RTX 3060 Ti OC
  • EKwb D-RGB 360mm AIO
  • Intel 660p NVMe 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB + WD Black 1TB HDD
  • EVGA P2 850W + White CableMod cables
  • Lian-Li LanCool II Mesh - White

Intel Z97 Rig (Decomissioned)

• Intel i5-4690K 4.8 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero Z97
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7950 EVGA GTX 1070 SC Black Edition ACX 3.0
  • 20 GB (8GB X 2 + 4GB X 1) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz
  • Corsair A50 air cooler  NZXT X61
  • Crucial MX500 1TB SSD + SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD [non-gimped version]
  • Antec New TruePower 550W EVGA G2 650W + White CableMod cables
  • Cooler Master HAF 912 White NZXT S340 Elite w/ white LED stips

AMD 990FX Rig (Decommissioned)

• FX-8350 @ 4.8 / 4.9 GHz (given up on the 5.0 / 5.1 GHz attempt)
  • ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula 990FX
  • 12 GB (4 GB X 3) G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 @ 1866 MHz
  • Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 + Sapphire Dual-X HD 7970 in Crossfire  Sapphire NITRO R9-Fury in Crossfire *NONE*
  • Thermaltake Frio w/ Cooler Master JetFlo's in push-pull
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + Kingston V300 120GB SSD + WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
  • Corsair TX850 (ver.1)
  • Cooler Master HAF 932

<> Electrical Engineer , B.Eng <>

<> Electronics & Computer Engineering Technologist (Diploma + Advanced Diploma) <>

<> Electronics Engineering Technician for the Canadian Department of National Defence <>

Just now, PcBeExpensive said:

I will go get one of those. Honestly, why do these companies make things like this so complicated.

Just make sure you get the right adapter/controller. Corsair have a version of those RGB controller supports 3-pin custom plug instead of 4-pin ones

2 minutes ago, -rascal- said:

I think the Corsair rep made a mistake.

Controlling the RGB lighting ON the motherboard, can only be controlled with the motherboard's RGB software... in your case ASUS Armory Crate / Aura Sync.

However, if you have RGB stuff (i.e. light strips, fans, etc) that plugs into the ARGB / RGB headers, you can either control it through the motherboard software OR iCUE.

Most motherboards now use "standard" 3-pin ARGB and 4-pin RGB headers.

If you want to control those through iCUE, then you need some sort of adapter cable, because.... Corsair uses their *stupid* proprietary connector.

If you want to do the OPPOSITE, control Corsair iCUE stuff through ASUS Armory Crate / Aura Sync, then you need an adapter, Corsair's connector to "standard" ARGB / RGB.

So yes, Corsair's ARGB is technically "Compatible" with ASUS Aura Sync...but you need adapter(s). 

I don't think Corsair can see anything plugged into Motherboard ARGB or RGB header....

From my personal experience, it must be Corsair product, or plugged into corsair produce though adapter (which I already mentioned)

I never got the control Aura Sync though iCUE working... and gave up on that given my mobo have only a little bit rgb...

My Asus system is iCUE controll only, Mobo RGB disabled, everything pluged onto the H100i Elite Capellix's RGB header, with adapter if needed.

My Gigabyte (Aorus) system is mobo (RGB Fusion 2.0) control only. (I swiched ram to Kingston after 2 Corsair kits failed... for different reasons...)

22 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

image.thumb.png.8502228f0fb1462f8372a6e7a3e60fe3.png

This is the same as me

thanks for the help yall.

My First PC