21:9 Ultra Widescreen?

nkucz
Go to solution Solved by AMICLG,

I'm intrigued but confused, is this smaller than a 24" 16:9 monitor?

The height of the monitor is probably closer to a 20".

So I have been on the search for a external monitor for my Late 2013 Retina Macbook Pro and I came across this monitor;

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-25UM64-S-led-monitor, what are your thoughts on it? Will it take up a ton of space?

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

It's a Fine monitor, but call me a hater, I just don't lime 21:9 monitors after being used to 16:9.

Diamond 5 in League :)

It's a Fine monitor, but call me a hater, I just don't lime 21:9 monitors after being used to 16:9.

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

They measure monitor sizes by basicalling the distance from one corner to another, like lower left and upper right. So, with that being said, the height is less, and it's a lot wider than an opposing 24 or 25 inch 16:9

Diamond 5 in League :)

The height of the monitor is probably closer to a 20".

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

16:9 for the win!!! best aspect ratio in my eyes

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

They measure monitor sizes by basicalling the distance from one corner to another, like lower left and upper right. So, with that being said, the height is less, and it's a lot wider than an opposing 24 or 25 inch 16:9

What are your thoughts on this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-25-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B3329WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399407982&sr=8-1&keywords=25xi, I'm just not sure how I feel about glossy screens.

What are your thoughts on this monitor: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-25-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B00B3329WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399407982&sr=8-1&keywords=25xi, I'm just not sure how I feel about glossy screens.

i've seen that monitor irl and the display is not very good it has a matte screen on it and it does not look good on it, it makes it look blurry, at least the one i saw

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

i've seen that monitor irl and the display is not very good it has a matte screen on it and it does not look good on it, it makes it look blurry, at least the one i saw

that is the 23" model, the 25" and 27" model have glossy screens!

25 inch is low for such ratio

yea I figured it was, but I don't have the cash or space for a 29" 21:9! I think I will just go 16:9 24" IPS

yea I figured it was, but I don't have the cash or space for a 29" 21:9! I think I will just go 16:9 24" IPS

Much better!

I also took at look at 21:9. At first I liked it, then went to a store to see it in real live and I don't like it. The 25 inch one looks to narrow.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Thanks for the feedback, now looking for a 24" IPS monitor 16:9 :)

that is the 23" model, the 25" and 27" model have glossy screens!

ok well then i would get which ever one you want but i would not get the 25" 21:9

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log