PC only starts when the LEDs occasionally get on

Go to solution Solved by An0maly_76,
34 minutes ago, Znou said:

I didn't change the PSU yet. I wanted to ask some friends, if they have a fitting one lying around.

It does sound like the PSU capacitors are flaky or slowly dying. When they are bad, they can't maintain charge capacity for startup surge loads, which can cause your issue.

Hello everyone,

My problem started 8 months ago where my PC occasionally didn't start. I needed to press the power button more than once in like a minute for it to start. After being away for a weekend and turning of the power extension, the PC didn't start at all.

Yesterday, I finally got to put my components out of the case onto an OpenBench Table and it worked with bridging the power contacts.

Today, it failed again. Since these 8 months, everytime I tried to boot it, it mostly only worked when the LEDs turned on (only some seconds). If the LEDs are off, PC doesn't start.

When it is on, it doesn't crash or anything. Also there isn't any MB Beeping.

My guess is that It's either the MB or PSU. Though I suspected the Power Button of my Case before aswell.

Specs:

Aorus B450 I Pro Wifi

AMD Ryzen 3700X

Noctua NH-L12S

Asus ROG 2080 Super

Corsair SF600 Platinum

2x 8Gb Crucial Ballistix Crucial 3200 MHz

Crucial P1

Crucial MX500

Original Case:

Silverstone Raven RVZ03

Current Case:

Streacom BC1 V2

DSC_0090.JPG

DSC_0089.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

Edited by Znou

I didn't change the PSU yet. I wanted to ask some friends, if they have a fitting one lying around.

34 minutes ago, Znou said:

It does sound like the PSU capacitors are flaky or slowly dying. When they are bad, they can't maintain charge capacity for startup surge loads, which can cause your issue.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

1 hour ago, An0maly_76 said:

Thanks for the answer! Okay then I will definitely try to get another psu and hope for the best.

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2023 at 4:06 PM, An0maly_76 said:

Got a new psu, pc Works again.

Thank you alot!