How reliable is HWinfo?

Ripred

I know the data it give isnt 100% accurate just wondering how far off it is, I had opened it and let it run while I was gaming (just curious if any major spikes/dips) and when I went back I found the average temps had spiked just past 90c But all the per core & per ccx temps were mid 70c's,a couple mid high 80c and I don't recall my fans ramping up as they're set to ramp way up if the temps go beyond 77c so I'm thinking it was a quick spike (Would have noticed that noise) also the games I was in don't use much CPU maybe 50% tops

My power reporting deviation is always red but as I always tamper with my voltages so I kinda ignore this one lol (only negative offset on the cpu) (on the ram well聽馃槄)聽

Any cpu benchmark I run temps hover around 77c - 83c and sound like a wind tunnel聽

Should I trust these and investigate further? or just ignore and seeeend iiiit!

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

聽~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 馃槄~

HWinfo is very good and is updated on a regular basis. been using it for as long as i can remember.

I generally load sensors only but it can also identify just abpout everything in your PC.if you want to check make manufacture and check what memory chips are on dimms etc ...

Simply the best tool and free.

HWInfo displays the values of sensors. I've had one motherboard which at some point spat out rediculous values. Fans going at 200.000 rpm and 14 million volts here and such crazy stuff. I think it got normal again after clearing cmos or something, I don't remember exactly. /shrug

Apart from that short period al my sensor values on several computers have been plausible in HWInfo as well as backed up by other monitoring software. If you are unsure of HWInfo values use Ryzen Master if you have Ryzen CPU.

Hmmm thanks guys, I suppose ill investigate further and mess with fan curves聽

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 Ryzen 5800X3D(Because who doesn't like a phat stack of cache?) GPU - 7700Xt

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽X470 Strix f gaming, 32GB Corsair vengeance, WD Blue 500GB NVME-WD Blue2TB HDD, 700watts EVGA Br

聽~Extra L3 cache is exciting, every time you load up a new game or program you never know what your going to get, will it perform like a 5700x or are we beating the 14900k today? 馃槄~

So I've increased my negative offset for the CPU voltz and now I can run benchmarks and don't go beyond 88c without needing a more aggressive fan curve, getting about the same multi core score but now I'm seeing individual cores boost to 4,550 Mhz previously I only saw 4,450 Mhz max on individual cores, nice little jump馃檪