Looking for a new Laptop (study and entertainement)

JoE_mPC

Greetings, I am located in Europe (Ireland) and I am looking for a new Laptop for Study and Entertainment purposes. I am looking for something that costs less than 1000 euros, but possibly even less than 800 euros. I will explain what I need in detail:

• Will I play video-games? - No, I have a Desktop Gaming PC already, I am not interested in Gaming, but if I want I will just use GeForce Now service or I will play something very old when I am traveling abroad.
  • Will I work on this Laptop? - Not necessarily, I need a Laptop to watch movies, learning coding and install both Windows and Linux in dual-boot since I need to "play" around some Linux distro.
  • Will I do video-editing? - Not at all.
  • What display size I want to have? - I think 15'' is enough for me, I don't want to push to 16'' or 17'' if the price will increase drastically, but definitely I don't want to drop to 14'' or 13''.
  • Any particular features? - I wish the keyboard is retro-illuminated, I hate to type during the night when the lights are off and I am not able to see the keyboard. Also I don't need to have a cd/dvd reader, and the Ethernet port is not mandatory. So I would say, USB 3.1 and USB-C port are a must have, with also the 3.5mm mic jack.

For the Laptop brand and CPU installed, I really don't have a preferences, I am open to any best deal I can find that suits the above requirements. I've heard from Linus that we should avoid the Intel family with 4 numbers, but at this point I really don't know if it is applicable to my research or not.

Anyway, I am open to any suggestion you might have, and if you need to know more information, please let me know.

Thanks!

IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ACH6 I just picked this up cheap out of box for about 600 dollars at best buy.  I wasn't shooting for a gaming laptop but any lower in price I was looking at ram that was integrated on board.  It's easily upgradable and I would upgrade the ram to duel channel asap.  Small 256gb SSD so you will want to throw a second SSD asap as well.  But I got a Ryzen 5 5600h with a 3050 ti. Honestly I have been looking for that stupid deal for a decent laptop for a while now and I think this is it.