P5Q-E won't post with raid card

So my motherboard won't post with a Dell Perc H700 raid controller installed in it. I know for a fact the controller is good, the pcie slots are good, and the board posts with 2 gpus. I have tried resetting the cmos, different pcie slots for both gpu and controller, nothing seems to do anything because as soon as the raid card is installed, when I turn the system on every fan spins, there is no beep and the monitor stays asleep, num-lock doesn't work either, it's pretty much playing dead. The board has the latest bios(2101), and the controller has the latest firmware as well(12.10.7). Any ideas to make it function?

1 hour ago, Justasking said:

So my motherboard won't post with a Dell Perc H700 raid controller installed in it. I know for a fact the controller is good, the pcie slots are good, and the board posts with 2 gpus. I have tried resetting the cmos, different pcie slots for both gpu and controller, nothing seems to do anything because as soon as the raid card is installed, when I turn the system on every fan spins, there is no beep and the monitor stays asleep, num-lock doesn't work either, it's pretty much playing dead. The board has the latest bios(2101), and the controller has the latest firmware as well(12.10.7). Any ideas to make it function?

Hi.. servers can have a bit different power distribution. could that be the reason? it draws too much from the pcie lane?  what psu are you using? 

have you tested with other mainboards? or just the server you took it from? 

10 hours ago, Robchil said:

Hi.. servers can have a bit different power distribution. could that be the reason? it draws too much from the pcie lane?  what psu are you using? 

have you tested with other mainboards? or just the server you took it from? 

I did test it elsewhere and it works in my Asus X370 board, I have a 550 W cooler master PSU

2 hours ago, Justasking said:

I did test it elsewhere and it works in my Asus X370 board, I have a 550 W cooler master PSU

you used the same PSU on your x370 board? 

4 hours ago, Robchil said:

you used the same PSU on your x370 board? 

no, that has a 1200 watt psu, but the pcie lanes should be getting the same amount of power...

2 hours ago, Justasking said:

no, that has a 1200 watt psu, but the pcie lanes should be getting the same amount of power...

try with more power..  

1 hour ago, Robchil said:

try with more power..  

I decided to change the raid card to an areca 1882i, I hope that one doesn't have the same problem