Minecraft wont Utilize GPU when connected to my dedicated server (it does when using himachi/SP). MC nerds please help :P

OscarMike

Hi hopefully there are a few minecraft nerds out there that can help me with this. So i created a dedicated mincraft server using forge on a separate pc. but when i connect to it from my gaming pc i have terrible fps. it dips down into the 20s at times. normally i have upwards of 165 fps with shaders on. averages maybe around 120 or so. at first i thought it was the server. but when i checked the server cpu was almost idleing while i was playing on from my gaming pc. then i looked at my GPU on my gaming pc. in a single player world or when connected to my friends using Himachi my GPU is being fully utilized at ~2ghz @160 watts. but when i connect to my dedicated server it just idles at 900mhz @ 60w. the game is unplayable. i have no idea why my gpu would go to sleep when joining my server and work fine when connected through himachi to someone else or in my own single player worlds. i dont think it has anything to do with my servers cpu not being strong enough as when i join my friend through himachi she hosts on an i7-2600 and up to 5 of us can play no worries. also i observer little activity on the servers cpu when im playing on it from my gaming pc. does anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Server Specs:

i5-3570k

16gb RAM

no dedicated graphics

Game PC specs:

R7 5700x

RX 6800 on 22.11.2

32GB RAM

playing at 1440p

Make sure gpu is not integrated not ur cpu gpu

download MultiMC its a modmanager 

download sodium, its a cpu issue not a gpu issue- sodium changes minecrafts single core threading to multi threaded operations. CPU usage might not increase but frames will for sure. 

download iris if you want to use shaders 

if you're playing latest version if minecraft make sure java is updated to ver 17 

thanks for the reply. it seems to be an issue with snow biome. my world just happened to spawn me in a snow biome. when i leave the snow biome my fps is back to normal and gpu utilization goes back to normal. but as soon as i look towards the snow it tanks. i look one way. 150fps (capped) do a 180 to look the other way (towards snow biome) 30 fps.