Alternative to Intel compute card?

ThomasMC
Go to solution Solved by OhYou_,

if anything for scrap value they will have a m.2 cellular modem in there likely which you can harvest, and maybe many more parts and stuff. 

the compute cards are really small so their performance is limited, your best bet is trying to find used ones cheaper on ebay. 
the power supply you can probably figure out without too much effort. hopefully for you it's a standart 12v cpu key so you can buy an extension and a 19v laptop psu and cut/splice it on. 
if you need to determine the pinout, it shouldnt be too hard with a couple of internal and board pics.

Hello Folks,

I've never used the forums before, so I thought I would ask you all if you've ever seen something like this?

My workplace is throwing away 40 of these things, but after further research I'll need to get an Intel compute card and a molex power brick(Amazon sells it)

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-CELERON-N3450-Compute-CA/dp/B076DX5HHD/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=OGN2R5BH75U5&keywords=intel+compute+card&qid=1675447532&sprefix=intel+compute+card%2Caps%2C155&sr=8-4&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685

I found the compute card but I was trying to find out if something better exists or is this something unique and abandoned.

Thought these would be cool media centers attached to the back of my TV's.

Is it possible to bypass the compute card? I need to open it up when I get home.

Thanks!

PXL_20230203_175528040.jpg

PXL_20230203_175543126.jpg

No these are basically just media port hubs nothing else

Without a pc these cant do anything

They killed it in 2019 because it was very expensive, poorly implemented and basically unwanted

if anything for scrap value they will have a m.2 cellular modem in there likely which you can harvest, and maybe many more parts and stuff. 

the compute cards are really small so their performance is limited, your best bet is trying to find used ones cheaper on ebay. 
the power supply you can probably figure out without too much effort. hopefully for you it's a standart 12v cpu key so you can buy an extension and a 19v laptop psu and cut/splice it on. 
if you need to determine the pinout, it shouldnt be too hard with a couple of internal and board pics.

Thank you Jaslion and Ohyou for the information about these.

It's disappointing and makes sense, I'll try to get 1 working to experiment with.

I hate to see things go to the dump, but that's where looks like they're all going sadly.

I guess someone made a bad choice and thought these would be worth it.

15 minutes ago, ThomasMC said:

Thank you Jaslion and Ohyou for the information about these.

It's disappointing and makes sense, I'll try to get 1 working to experiment with.

I hate to see things go to the dump, but that's where looks like they're all going sadly.

I guess someone made a bad choice and thought these would be worth it.

To be fair intel promised a whole roadmap and everything.

Then made 2 and killed it