RX580 + VR?

Hello

I recently rebuilt a PC.

https://pcpartpicker.com/b/7XnLrH

will it be enough for VR?

any suggestions on a budget friendly VR headset?

Thanks,

Intel i7-4770k @3.5Ghz | Asus H87-PRO | Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO | DDR3 1600mhz 24GB | 500GB Kingston HyperX FURY  SSD  | 1x 1TB WD Blue HDD | Enermax  500W 80Plus Bronze

What kind of game you want to play?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

6 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

What kind of game you want to play?

I have no idea for now, i just want to know if this will work.

Intel i7-4770k @3.5Ghz | Asus H87-PRO | Cooler Master Hyper 2012 EVO | DDR3 1600mhz 24GB | 500GB Kingston HyperX FURY  SSD  | 1x 1TB WD Blue HDD | Enermax  500W 80Plus Bronze

Just now, Farzam said:

I have no idea for now, i just want to know if this will work.

Skyrim VR looks fun 😮

2 hours ago, Farzam said:

Skyrim VR looks fun 😮

You won't have a pleasant experience with it imo. Minimum I recommend is GTX 1070 but even that the experience is just adequate. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

You can play a decent amount of made for VR games with that although the 8GB version of the 580 would have been much preferable.

I'd look out for an old Oculus Rift CV1 with touch controllers and 2-3 sensors or an original HTC Vive kit. Just make sure you can test it as replacement cables especially for the Oculus are very hard to find and expensive.

You may have better luck with finding an older windows mixed reality VR headset and controllers as there is less components to worry about as you don't need external sensors but the tracking of the controllers isn't nearly as good so they only track were the 2 cameras on the headset can see. You may also need to buy a separate Bluetooth USB dongle if your motherboard doesn't have it built in or it doesn't support the version the the controllers are looking for which I think is BT 4.0.

The Samsung Oddessy was the best of the original WMR kits as they had built in headphones and slightly higher resolution screens. the Oddessy+ even had built in BT for the controllers so you didn't need the dongle.