MIUI Gallery using CPU continuously hence affecting battery life.

image0.jpg

As you can see. miui gallery app here is using cpu for over a hour. while in this case it has reached 90% (the percentage at which miui resets the battery usage counters) not very long ago. plus new images dont seem to appear in gallery.

I have tried to find a solution to this issue. However this issue seems to plague several miui devices. performing a factory reset (w/ data removal) fixes this issue.

So what it seems like. Miui is trying to read a corrupted media, fails and retries. over and over again. to the point where it actually stops reading new media. and since reading the media needs cpu. it uses the cpu constantly. draining battery.

The temporary fix to this issue is Force stopping and clearing the cache of gallery and switching the app battery saver to restrict background activity.

so my question is. is there any app for android which can automatically diagnose corrupted media. or is there a way to fix this issue without performing a hard reset.

It is a issue with MIUI the best way to go about this is Just report the issue to MI and wait, But Mi is terrible when it comes to bug fixes so i might just switch OS or root it and use other gallery apps.  

11 minutes ago, Gokul_P said:

It is a issue with MIUI the best way to go about this is Just report the issue to MI and wait, But Mi is terrible when it comes to bug fixes so i might just switch OS or root it and use other gallery apps.  

switching os works. but i will again, lose data, which is something i want to avoid for now. as for using other gallery apps. google's gallery app works fine so imma keep using that to view images for now. the problem becomes when i want to use the camera app. the gallery issue emerges again

3 hours ago, scrap_woodic05 said:

switching os works. but i will again, lose data, which is something i want to avoid for now. as for using other gallery apps. google's gallery app works fine so imma keep using that to view images for now. the problem becomes when i want to use the camera app. the gallery issue emerges again

If you could find a good camara app you could switch that aswell but finding one is prob hard