No Display to Monitor

I can't seem to find any information on this despite how hard I look. To sum it up, I originally made a post on Tom's Hardware and Reddit but received no replies. Here's the original Tom's Hardware post: Question - No signal to monitor after upgrading the GPU ? | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Original post:

So recently I upgraded my RTX 2060 to an RX 6800, however, upon booting up there was no signal to the monitor. The LEDs in the case turn on, the case fans spin, my AIO cooler turns on, and the RAM lights turn on as well. My power supply says it's only pulling 40 watts which is a significant concern. Here's the troubleshooting I've done:

• Reseated GPU and RAM
  • Plugged in my old GPU
  • Reconnected everything
  • Tested my RX 6800 on an eGPU setup with my laptop (it works perfectly)
  • Disconnected unnecessary components and tested (yielded the same result)
  • Turned on the PC without a GPU and it still did the same thing

Some things to note, the PC doesn't turn off after I power it on no matter how long I hold the power button. The onboard LED does not provide an error LED. The BIOS was updated recently to support the new Ryzen CPU. When I plugged in the new GPU, I did two additional things, plug in a new SATA cable to plug in all my drives because I left one unplugged to support my new AIO cooler, and reapplied thermal paste to my CPU. I currently am getting a replacement for the power supply if something somehow happened. I can provide a picture if needed.

Here's an update to what I've done since the post:

• I got a replacement PSU and connected everything using the cables bundled with the PSU but received the same result
  • Reseated the CPU, checked for bent pins or any debris (this shouldn't be the case since I hadn't done anything to the CPU)
  • Tried with one stick of RAM
  • Removed all boot drives 
  • Unplugged my AIO cooler
  • Reset the CMOS and the CLRTC but nothing

Here's what I've noticed about what happens when I flick the power supply on. The LED in the top left, the ASUS logo LED, flashes on then turns off immediately. If the CMOS is being reset than the BIOS setting should reset, meaning that the LED should now always be on when the PC is on or off. The LED remains off when I boot up the PC. USB devices, RAM, and cooler all turn on. The QLED on the motherboard do not light up at all, meaning that all components should be okay however not even the white LED is on, which is of concern because when booting up, all LEDs turn on in sequence then go to white, however, the LEDs do not turn on at all. Could the motherboard be faulty even though it was working perfectly fine before the upgrade? What are some other solutions?

after the bios update was it working prior to the new gpu?

I had a 6800xt on a b550 board and could get no display until I changed gpu gen in bios, have your tried both hdmi and dp cables, as I recall only one worked for me initally until the system was stable, thoug I was getting vga led on board

31 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

after the bios update was it working prior to the new gpu?

I had a 6800xt on a b550 board and could get no display until I changed gpu gen in bios, have your tried both hdmi and dp cables, as I recall only one worked for me initally until the system was stable, thoug I was getting vga led on board

Yes I updated the bios back in december when I recieved my new 5800x, and it was working first try with my RTX 2060. Upon the new GPA, it stopped working and now it won't work with my old GPU either. 

Well if you have also tried your previous card suggest strongly that something have failed, indicating mobo maybe? have you tried card in other slots, I think your only option is to strip down the whole pc and breadboard it, so build out of case with minimal parts just to attempt to get it booting..if you have no success then looks like either cpu or mobo as that is all you are left with, unless you are just doing something very simple wrong and its an oversight, can happen, but usually you'd pick up on it after all your trouble shooting

3 minutes ago, aledsav1 said:

Well if you have also tried your previous card suggest strongly that something have failed, indicating mobo maybe? have you tried card in other slots, I think your only option is to strip down the whole pc and breadboard it, so build out of case with minimal parts just to attempt to get it booting..if you have no success then looks like either cpu or mobo as that is all you are left with, unless you are just doing something very simple wrong and its an oversight, can happen, but usually you'd pick up on it after all your trouble shooting

I find it weird that I get the same result if there is no GPU and/or RAM plugged in. The PC will still turn on and give me the same result, and the fact that I'm getting absolutely no QLED light is worrying. Could something have gone wrong with the mobo, because the CPU was working just fine and it hadn't been moved or reseated since I placed it in.

It coul dbe anything as there are to many variables to take into consideration, so it is just a matter of narrowing it down as best as possible, you have already done a fair bit of trail, it is indicating mobo of cpu (though still could be other things).

As i said I would dismantle and reassemble minimum components outside of case...the thing is anything could just fail at anytime without an obvious reason.

12 hours ago, aledsav1 said:

It coul dbe anything as there are to many variables to take into consideration, so it is just a matter of narrowing it down as best as possible, you have already done a fair bit of trail, it is indicating mobo of cpu (though still could be other things).

As i said I would dismantle and reassemble minimum components outside of case...the thing is anything could just fail at anytime without an obvious reason.

I will have to try it this weekend but it’s really frustrating. I’m just going to end up returning my graphics card because I am a college student so I haven’t even gamed this semester. I just want to leave it working so when I leave it home I know it’ll work over summer at least.