Samsung bringing fingerprint scanners to their products

wilbso

Source: http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/5/5/5683732/samsung-reportedly-bringing-fingerprint-sensor-to-tablets (sorry it's mobile, it's like 11:16 PM here)

So I have heard a lot on this in the past, (EDIT: Yes, I know the S5 phone has it to) but it's confirmed that the new Samsung tablets will have fingerprint scanners.

I love how Samsung are doing nearly the exact same thing as apple,placing the sensor on the home button etc, even though Apple and Samsung have had a bad history. Im no apple fanboy, so I'm not entirely sure where I stand on this. Maybe things will stay neutral between them.

they did it in the s5 and survived :huh:

they did it in the s5 and survived :huh:

Somehow. But there is this big thing going on currently between the two.company's...not sure what it I'd, but there is something going on.

Source: http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/5/5/5683732/samsung-reportedly-bringing-fingerprint-sensor-to-tablets (sorry it's mobile, it's like 11:16 PM here) So I have heard a lot on this in the past, but it's confirmed that the new Samsung tablets and possibly phones will have fingerprint scanners. I love how Samsung are doing nearly the exact same thing as apple,placing the sensor on the home button etc, even though Apple and Samsung have had a bad history. Let the apple lawsuit begin.

Point taken but bad example to go to bed for Apple with: I remember fingerprint scanners on laptops since the early 2000s and not exactly rare among business uses either. I don't mind people praising apple for their tight implementation of things but I hate it when they directly or indirectly praise them for creativity and innovation, two things they rarely do: they're just better than some at polishing things that's all.

-------

Current Rig

-------

expected. and the post is misleading. Since the source is for tablets. S5 already quite some time with it.

Point taken but bad example to go to bed for Apple with: I remember fingerprint scanners on laptops since the early 2000s and not exactly rare among business uses either. I don't mind people praising apple for their tight implementation of things but I hate it when they directly or indirectly praised for creativity and innovation, two things they rarely do: they're just better than some at polishing things that's all.

True. Im no apple fan, im neutral towards apple (or I try to be most of the time) but the thing with apple is they are ridiculous with their terms etc. It's like youtube, once a game trends and a big youtuber plays it,.you get all the fanboys going onto newer channels playing the same game and they just pool hate all over. It's similar to that with apple.

Fingerprint tech isn't new, its not the best thing in the world, so I'm not entirely sure what will happen.

expected. and the post is misleading. Since the source is for tablets. S5 already quite some time with it.

ah,.my apologies. Forgot about the S5

I edited the post. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Ah, this was the incident I was talking about: http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/5/2/5676776/samsung-found-to-infringe-apple-patents-for-over-119-million-in

After doing a little more research about this, im starting to think that apple and Samsung won't have any conflicts about the fingerprint stuff as Misanthrope said it's been around a while

Still, nice to see Samsung making improvements

Copying Apple once again.

Just wait for people to complain when they get sued

Lol. Only a matter of time if it does happen. xD

Even I will acknowledge, my old HP laptop from 2007 had a fingerprint sensor on it BUT the way Apple have implemented their scanner is much better than most fingerprint sensors. The Galaxy S5's sensor isn't that great compared to TouchID (YouTube video proves this)

Current finger print readers sucks... I don't see the point of them.

Oh well... I guess it's always better to have the option to use it over not having the option.