Having Troubles finding a new case!

CosmicMeteor

Hello,

Here is the background of why I am looking for a new case, I currently have a Corsair Obsidian 750D and recently upgraded my cpu, Mobo, and ram. Since I haven't bothered to sell my old gpu and old PSU from previous upgrades I essentially have a second computer with no case that I wish to set up to host gaming servers and use as a NAS. The thing is I am a Data Hoarder and have 4 HDDS and 2 SSDS in my current build and don't want to spend the time to go through the files any time soon to transfer to a NAS so I'm looking for either a new case that is smaller then the 750D but has a minimum of 4 HDD drive bays to replace the 750D for my main rig, or a new case that has a decent amount of HDD drive bays in it that can support a ATX motherboard for my NAS/Server. If I am replacing the the 750D then I would want something with a PSU Basement so it looks clean and fancy! If its a new case for the NAS I do not care at all about looks as it will sit in a corner of my room and will never be looked at.

My Main Rig specs that matter,

ATX Mother Board

EVGA 750W Modular PSU

Aorus RTX 3060 Elite

H100X cooler

4HDDS 2SSDs

My Nas Specs that matter,

ATX Mother Board 

Cant remember the PSU but not modular standard size

Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming OC edition

hyper 212 Evo Cooler.

Would prefer up to 6 HDD Drives for large storage space in the future.

Any advice on where to go would be amazing! As a replacement for the 750D im looking at the Meshify 2. My issue is if im replacing it I want something smaller.

Budget is about 200$ for a replacement to the 750D But i would prefer a cheaper second case for the NAS.

Thanks for any advice!

9 minutes ago, CosmicMeteor said:

My issue is if im replacing it I want something smaller.

Budget is about 200$ for a replacement to the 750D But i would prefer a cheaper second case for the NAS.

id use the 750D for the NAS case. If you want small and beautiful case that still supports ATX, have you considered both North and Torrent, from fractal as well?

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

23 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

id use the 750D for the NAS case. If you want small and beautiful case that still supports ATX, have you considered both North and Torrent, from fractal as well?

They are both beautiful cases, I really like the look of the North. Do you know of a case that has atleast 3 HDD drive cages? id be willing to figure out my storage that way. lol.

11 hours ago, CosmicMeteor said:

They are both beautiful cases, I really like the look of the North. Do you know of a case that has atleast 3 HDD drive cages? id be willing to figure out my storage that way. lol.

If you don't find one with 4 that you like, there is always the option of using double sided tape.

51 minutes ago, Apfelholz said:

If you don't find one with 4 that you like, there is always the option of using double sided tape.

Vibrations. You can get away with it on SSD because the SSD itself isnt spinning at the same rpm as a screaming bone stock K20, but on HDD its sub-optimal for long term lifespan 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

59 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Vibrations. You can get away with it on SSD because the SSD itself isnt spinning at the same rpm as a screaming bone stock K20, but on HDD its sub-optimal for long term lifespan 

right sorry I had mixed up.

I decided on the Antec SK4000E U3 for the nas case. Thanks everyone!