help me hook up all this rgb

JoHeJo06
Go to solution Solved by brob,
7 hours ago, JoHeJo06 said:

asus B650E-f gaming wifi

The motherboard has 3 A-RGB (5v) and one RGB (12v) headers. You should check the motherboard user manual for the loads that each header can handle. I suspect most if not all of your lighting can be controlled directly from the motherboard.

hello,

this is everything i need to hook up: 10 rgb fans, cooler master ones with each a 5V 3-pin connector (daisy chainable).  i will also have the rgb pump from the cooler master masterliquid ml360 illusion and a powercolor rx 7900 xt red devil card, which requires a 3-pin connector to control its rgb (i know, its odd).  and lastly, i have the rgb strip on the lian li o11 dynamic evo.

all the ports i have to hook stuff up to: my motherboard has 3 3-pin headers, the gpu apparently has 2 3-pin headers and included with the aio and fans, i will get 3 rgb controllers with each 3 argb connectors. (i can only use 2 because my mobo has 2 usb 2.0 headers)

how should i hook this up?

What motherboard?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

10 hours ago, brob said:

What motherboard?

asus B650E-f gaming wifi

13 hours ago, JoHeJo06 said:

hello,

this is everything i need to hook up: 10 rgb fans, cooler master ones with each a 5V 3-pin connector (daisy chainable).  i will also have the rgb pump from the cooler master masterliquid ml360 illusion and a powercolor rx 7900 xt red devil card, which requires a 3-pin connector to control its rgb (i know, its odd).  and lastly, i have the rgb strip on the lian li o11 dynamic evo.

all the ports i have to hook stuff up to: my motherboard has 3 3-pin headers, the gpu apparently has 2 3-pin headers and included with the aio and fans, i will get 3 rgb controllers with each 3 argb connectors. (i can only use 2 because my mobo has 2 usb 2.0 headers)

how should i hook this up?

Get a 6+ fans RGB fan hub, using the daisy chain feature to group your fans by location so it's cleaner

It's around $15

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

11 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Get a 6+ fans RGB fan hub, using the daisy chain feature to group your fans by location so it's cleaner

It's around $15

okey sounds good to me

7 hours ago, JoHeJo06 said:

asus B650E-f gaming wifi

The motherboard has 3 A-RGB (5v) and one RGB (12v) headers. You should check the motherboard user manual for the loads that each header can handle. I suspect most if not all of your lighting can be controlled directly from the motherboard.

1 hour ago, brob said:

oh alright ill check it right now

image.png.438e192bde64a2d71d0bb8c429c3c5bd.png

the header supports up to 3A, and the fans are 0.5-0.8A each, according to cooler master.  i could get 3 fans daisy chained on a single header (3A/0.8A=3.75), and i have 10, and the pump.

this isnt enough, should i buy a controller?

2 hours ago, JoHeJo06 said:

image.png.438e192bde64a2d71d0bb8c429c3c5bd.png

the header supports up to 3A, and the fans are 0.5-0.8A each, according to cooler master.  i could get 3 fans daisy chained on a single header (3A/0.8A=3.75), and i have 10, and the pump.

this isnt enough, should i buy a controller?

What fans are you using? The MF120R A-RGB specs list the RGB current as 0.34A. As the user manual says, you should be able to control lighting for up to 500 LED.

Rather than a controller, use a hub if needed. Cooler Master has https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/masterfan-argb-and-pwm-hub/. It uses SATA power, interfaces with a motherboard A-RGB header and can run up to six fans, both PWM and A-RGB power.

13 hours ago, brob said:

What fans are you using? The MF120R A-RGB specs list the RGB current as 0.34A. As the user manual says, you should be able to control lighting for up to 500 LED.

Rather than a controller, use a hub if needed. Cooler Master has https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/coolers/rgb-accessories/masterfan-argb-and-pwm-hub/. It uses SATA power, interfaces with a motherboard A-RGB header and can run up to six fans, both PWM and A-RGB power.

mf120 halo.  they have a couple of rgb lights in the rotating piece itself and it has 2 rgb rings.Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo 3in1 Computer behuizing Ventilator 12 cm

image.thumb.png.b009510f0e8344b3d138d809d2ed0141.png

3 hours ago, JoHeJo06 said:

mf120 halo.  they have a couple of rgb lights in the rotating piece itself and it has 2 rgb rings.Cooler Master MasterFan MF120 Halo 3in1 Computer behuizing Ventilator 12 cm

image.thumb.png.b009510f0e8344b3d138d809d2ed0141.png

You really like the bling 😀. I guess a hub is needed.

3 hours ago, brob said:

You really like the bling 😀. I guess a hub is needed.

yesss i do😁.  i looked at some controllers and i found a 10 port PWN hub and a 8 port argb hub.  

the zalman argb hub can give 4A combined so i could hook up 5 argb connectors to it, the pump and 3 other argb fan to a spare rgb connector and the last 2 fans and the case rgb to the gpu connectors.  what a mess hahahaha😅

https://www.thermaltake.com/commander-fp-10-port-hub-for-pwm-fans.html

http://www.zalman.com/EN/Product/ProductDetail.do?pageIndex=1&pageSize=10&productSeq=325&searchCategory1=0&searchCategory2=-99&searchCategory3=-99&searchKey=&searchWord=z-sync

edit: by the way the cooler master fan controller isnt available in belgium, i need to order it from germany and i would rather not do that...

Edited by JoHeJo06