Google Calendar notification sound in Windows 10?

An0maly_76

So, Google Calendar is quite handy reminding me to do things I tend to forget due to autism-related memory issues. However, I'd like my PC to fill in when my phone is inaudible or turned off. I even recorded a custom clip imitating Butt-Head saying, "Check your notifications, dumb-a**." It tests fine in Windows as set here, but it's not playing when a reminder pops up. Why?

I've tried my Google-fu on this, but apparently I don't know the magic "Open Sesame" keywords for this, I keep getting information for settings or menus that aren't where they are supposed to be. Also, is there a way to set this up to require marking "done" as opposed to simple dismissal? I sometimes forget whether I've taken a medication already.

image.thumb.png.b727e134d1909da98cdf6d53a16fc621.png

Edited by An0maly_76
Revised, more info

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

I guess you use your google calendar with a browser (ex. Chrome) and you have allowed desktop notifications.

Then you have to set the sound for "Notifications" and not for "Calendar Reminder".

The problem is, that the sound is playing for all notifications you get on your desktop.

In windows settings it is possible to set notifications per application. You should then disable sounds for apps you don't want.

image.png.aeebff13245981d32b32496086b47f1b.png

image.thumb.png.ec2f83604e78c6feaa0bcdccaf1aa8c0.png

20 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

I guess you use your google calendar with a browser (ex. Chrome) and you have allowed desktop notifications.

Then you have to set the sound for "Notifications" and not for "Calendar Reminder".

The problem is, that the sound is playing for all notifications you get on your desktop.

In windows settings it is possible to set notifications per application. You should then disable sounds for apps you don't want.

I see what you're talking about, however, I am talking about the Calendar app in Windows. Can it do this this way also? Or is what you mentioned the only way? Because I've checked to be sure that Calendar and Windows allow sound notifications.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

Also the Calendar app is using desktop notifications. You have to set the sound for "Notification" in the sounds dialog.

Disable the sound notifications for the other apps that also use desktop notifications in windows settings (Win11: System - Notifications).

6 minutes ago, RiffTheRaff said:

Also the Calendar app is using desktop notifications. You have to set the sound for "Notification" in the sounds dialog.

Disable the sound notifications for the other apps that also use desktop notifications in windows settings (Win11: System - Notifications).

I run Win10. So what exactly is the Calendar notification for if not for this?

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

There is another setting that can disable the sound.

In Settings - System - Sound there is an entry at the bottom "Advanced sound options". Click on "App volume and device preferences".

Check your system sound volume setting.

image.thumb.png.1f6cf6a02c16abe5af4ac9c12bcbbd78.png

I looked at this and it was significantly lower than everything else, so I set it to 100 and everything else to 80. Thanks for the tip, hopefully it was just not loud enough. Testing shortly.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!