Home theater dope show

Go to solution Solved by circeseye,

well? i know denon and marantz has avr's and speakers with "HEOS" wireless systems. you can look into that (ive never used the HEOS part of my denon avr)

Hello. Sorry if I sound like a noob because I am. My hubby and I are looking for the ultimate home theater system. We want a system that we don't have to spend more than 10k on. We are willing to buy portions of speakers and spread it over time. We've tried the Samsung Q990B and the Sony HT-A9 thus far. The Samsung is great with treble and bass but lacks the surround sound immersive-ness of the Sony. Neither are the "one" or perfect. How do we know you might ask?... We have a Samsung speaker system from circa 2007 or whatever and that bass and center far out perform certain sounds/areas of systems. We compared it to a Klipsch 3 years ago (when we tried upgrading) and the Klipsch was returned. Aka my husband failed, but that's okay because he listened to me and heard the beauty of an old Samsung surround. I kid you not the Walmart special is good shit. Maybe they don't make things like they used too??

Okay so our criteria. 

Three things are most important to us: 1) Quality sound 2) Bluetooth capable 3) wireless rear kit or additional wireless speakers (because we plan to mount speakers outside on a patio)

We both love music but by no means are musicians, but can hear the infidelities when it comes to bass, treble, clarity, percussion, reverb, etc. We are very picky as we are IT people and I am trying to research into more ridiculous options like Focal or ATC speakers. Please advise and email directly if you've tested systems/speakers and have data. 

Thanks, 

ExpansiveCoder1

well? i know denon and marantz has avr's and speakers with "HEOS" wireless systems. you can look into that (ive never used the HEOS part of my denon avr)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice! We ended up visiting a specialty audio store and they set us up with a Marantz AV, Focal speakers and an SVS 1000 sub. I am in LOVE! . To anyone reading this you MUST try the speakers in person. We tried Paradigm, Sonus Faber, Focal and KEF. They all sounded very different and we went with Focal because we enjoy clarity and a "cold" speaker. We looked at those brands of speakers because those were the brands that hit our budget of 3k. We plan to add rears once we save up a bit more. Hope this post helps others.